Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pablo no longer working in the Custom Shop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It always seemed like he preferred doing his own thing rather than just building killer 'standards'.

So were the asymmetrical necks just a way to explain away another '23 fret Kelly'?
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

This is a bummer...I love my archtop Death Angel...
      Hear the universe scream
      Bleeding from black holes
      Whom horns careless
      And whom God mourns

Comment

Makes you wonder if they'll just give up on the full custom shop and stick more with the custom select options. Or, just have the remaining guys do artist builds and close it to the public like Ibanez.

Mike and Dave have to get sick of building the same stuff over and over. Whether it's new blood in the custom shop or those guys leaving also to do something new, something needs to change.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDaze View Post
          Makes you wonder if they'll just give up on the full custom shop and stick more with the custom select options. Or, just have the remaining guys do artist builds and close it to the public like Ibanez.

Mike and Dave have to get sick of building the same stuff over and over. Whether it's new blood in the custom shop or those guys leaving also to do something new, something needs to change.
          +1 Yeah and that something is the fucking two year wait time!
          Last edited by leftykingv2; 12-02-2013, 09:49 PM.
          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
            Apparently a 23 fret Custom Shop 'Marty Friedman' Kelly didn't fly with the customer...no joke.
            So you're saying Pablo did that and got fired for it?
            This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
              Might have quit to do his own thing too.
              I'd love to see where he ends up.

Comment

Originally posted by paulbag View Post
                This is a bummer...I love my archtop Death Angel...
                Good to see both of the DA archtops are stll with their original owners!

Sad to see about Pablo. I can't speak to Paul's but my Archtop DA was built by Mike Shannon. I was kinda surprised by that since Pablo seemed to be doing most of the "extreme" builds (pointy shape wise).

I never did get my damn binder from Jackson :/

Comment

Dit Pablo take the custom shop form download option with him? Because I can't find it anywhere anymore.
                  www.bodyfarmdeathmetal.com
                  www.facebook.com/bodyfarmdeathmetal
                  www.metalblade.com/bodyfarm

Comment

Originally posted by Tho View Post
                    Dit Pablo take the custom shop form download option with him? Because I can't find it anywhere anymore.
                    The site is having trouble right now. I just tried to go to it and it's not showing the option to download the master build order sheet.

Comment

The custom select form is there though...

total shut down of the custom shop? ;-)
                      www.bodyfarmdeathmetal.com
                      www.facebook.com/bodyfarmdeathmetal
                      www.metalblade.com/bodyfarm

Comment

Originally posted by Tho View Post
                        The custom select form is there though...

total shut down of the custom shop? ;-)
                        The custom shop is up and running just fine. It's a problem with the website.

Comment

With Pablo gone, how many custom shop builders does jackson have?

Comment

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
                            With Pablo gone, how many custom shop builders does jackson have?
                            Hopefully, enough that can actually count to 24...

... and put fret markers on the side of a neck in a straight row.

Comment

I hope he didn't get fired for this, it's hella funny.

There are plenty of other abortions and abominations that are worth the shitcan.
                              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Oh yeah, I bet it's the 23 fret Kelly, There's a whole thread on sevenstring.org, for those that don't know. I think that is more than a just cause to fire him, Shannon probably had an aneurism! The wait times and issues that have been coming from the CS is disgusting lately, all over the net. But seriously 23 frets!!! Even I wouldn't f&&& that up, lol. WTF is going on?? Disgruntled workers?

Comment

Working...
                                X