Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pablo no longer working in the Custom Shop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People are human and make mistakes. If they have a QC department, that department should have caught the mistake before the guitar was shipped....

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rocks View Post
      People are human and make mistakes. If they have a QC department, that department should have caught the mistake before the guitar was shipped....
      +1
      This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Should have been caught WELL BEFORE QC ever laid eyes on it. How many processes are involved in a complete build? NOBODY saw it? I don't buy it. I'm of the opinion that QC DID see it but the final word to them was "ship it and see if the guy accepts it".
        I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
          Should have been caught WELL BEFORE QC ever laid eyes on it. How many processes are involved in a complete build? NOBODY saw it? I don't buy it. I'm of the opinion that QC DID see it but the final word to them was "ship it and see if the guy accepts it".
          I agree that people are human and mistakes are made but I am of the same opinion as well. Numerous people had this guitar in their hands before it shipped. Somebody had to notice it.
          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Probably someone was pissed off that day and let it fly on by. That's the only reason I can think of for it getting out the door.
            In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Once the guitar is built, do you really think anyone is counting frets? I doubt they knew and shipped it anyway. I own a manufacturing company and I understand how this stuff happens that's why we have QC and even with that, sometimes stuff gets thru. And I really doubt Pablo was fired over this....

Comment

On a different note:

What's gonna happen with all the CS orders that were requested to be built by Pablo?
                "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I agree that it's definitely QC's fault. Anyone remember the story of the Lavender Tele? That was a lot less noticeable than the lack of a fret, imo. (Link to story below, first post). Then again that was Grover...

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                  On a different note:

What's gonna happen with all the CS orders that were requested to be built by Pablo?
                  Have Shannon build them without a fret?

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                    On a different note:

Are you sure that you can specify the builder for CS orders?

Comment

Originally posted by euronymous View Post
                      Are you sure that you can specify the builder for CS orders?
                      Yes you can specify builder preference. I have seen a copy of one of Dave Mustaine's order forms for one of his first KV's and it says right on the work order in bold print "See Shannon" about a specific spec that Dave requested. http://www.jacksonguitarpalace.com/davemustaine/ Click the link then go to guitars and click, then go to black Megadeth logo King V's and click. Right under the picture of the King V's you'll see the words "WORK ORDER" in bold print click that link and it'll show you one of Mustaine's first order forms from Sam Ash.
                      Last edited by leftykingv2; 12-29-2013, 01:07 PM.

Comment

I requested Mike Shannon on mine when I met him in person. They had no issue with it and he built my 2. I've not had a good chance to take photos. Once I have time and daylight, I shoot some photos of the 2 I received about a month ago.

Comment

Working...
                        X