Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi I'm new here with a new Ontario Jackson

Hi there,
    I've been lurking on here for a while, but I figured I'd post my new Ontario Jackson Strat. Not sure what year it is, probably an '87-'88.

Here's a clip of it
    Listen to Vintage Jackson Strat by Vladimir Berns #np on #SoundCloud

Greetings, Vlad! Nice guitar and nice tone.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Welcome aboard and nice guitar!
      This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Welcome ! that neck looks droolworthy..really nice looking guitar!

Comment

Incredible axe and incredible tone, me gusta
          I'm back bitches!!!

Gear:
          ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black
          Agile Al 3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/Blackouts
          Blackstar Soloist HT60
          Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
          Seymour Duncan 805

Comment

Thanks guys! It's a great axe... The neck is great! Flat, wide with some girth. I'm digging the Jackson pickups although I'm not sure which ones they are. They bridge pup is pretty darn hot!

Comment

Great guitar, and great playing too! Welcome aboard!

Comment

Originally posted by lefty View Post
                Great guitar, and great playing too! Welcome aboard!
                Thanks man! I'm digging this guitar. It's like an 80's wet dream..

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad View Post
                  Thanks guys! It's a great axe... The neck is great! Flat, wide with some girth. I'm digging the Jackson pickups although I'm not sure which ones they are. They bridge pup is pretty darn hot!
                  Just a guess but by hearing the sound clip I'd say it's J-90 or J-80 in the bridge and a J-50N in the neck.
                  This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Very cool! You don't see many Jacksons with slanted pickups.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
                      Just a guess but by hearing the sound clip I'd say it's J-90 or J-80 in the bridge and a J-50N in the neck.
                      Yeah I figured it was one of those or their ceramic variant.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                        Yeah someone else told me that the slanted bridge pickup wasn't a common thing for these.

Comment

I guess anybody could order them that way, but I only recall seeing one or two other Jacksons like that.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I guess anybody could order them that way, but I only recall seeing one or two other Jacksons like that.
                            Yeah. That's the great thing about these guitars. They're all custom.

Comment

Tons of old Kramer's had slanted bridge pickups.

Comment

Working...
                              X