Looking for Advice on a RR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
    So +1 to it being a bizarre statement to begin with.
    +2
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
      Makes it easier to put out fakes if they have to. They can do all the relic shit, so they'd just need to go back through the logs and build something from the past, age it, then have one of their agents list it on Ebay as an original 80s piece.
      :think:
      This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
        I think Newc was suggesting that forgers would match specs on a fake and put a matching serial on it so that if someone called Fender they would "validate" the authenticity. Fake up some vanilla, black RR's and then put a serial from the logs that matches. You could make a dozen to make it worth your while. Maybe far fetched but hey crooks are pretty dedicated to being crooks.

Far fetched yes...."forgers" COULD use the logs to create "fakes" (far easier w/bolt-ons than neck-thrus though) but they're usually easy to spot if you know what to look for....& if you don't forums like this are a wealth of information!!

That said I do not think that is what Newc was suggesting!!

Comment

Working...
        X