2003 Jackson USA KV2 Neck Specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 Jackson USA KV2 Neck Specs

I have a really dumb question. I have a 2003 Jackson USA KV2 and I wanna order a Custom Shop Warrior with the same neck profile. The problem is that I don't know the specs on the neck measurements; radius, scale, shape (boat, wide, standard thin, etc.). I'm unable to find this information anywhere, so if anybody knows, it'd be a huge help!

All I know is that it has a "Speed Neck," whatever that is... :think:

Speed neck is slightly thinner than a Rhoads or a Soloist. It's the profile that Dave Mustaine prefers and spec'd out on the KV1, and it got carried over to the KV2. It would have a 25.5" scale neck with compound radius board, and smaller frets (medium jumbo). If you can find a KV1 (or KE2 or WR1) or any ESP or Dean Mustaine model, you'll see what a speed neck profile is like. Here's the specs of the neck dimensions from the old 2003 catalog.
    http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...2003Page46.jpg
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

"Speed" is one of their standard neck profiles, so if you specify that, they'll know what you mean as far as shape and thickness.

A KV2 is 25.5" scale with 12-16" radius. That's the same as a Warrior, so nothing unusual. The one difference to note is that a KV2 typically has medium frets versus jumbo on the Warrior.

Comment

Darn it, Joe types faster than me

Comment

LOL Great minds think alike!

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDaze View Post
            "Speed" is one of their standard neck profiles, so if you specify that, they'll know what you mean as far as shape and thickness.

A KV2 is 25.5" scale with 12-16" radius. That's the same as a Warrior, so nothing unusual. The one difference to note is that a KV2 typically has medium frets versus jumbo on the Warrior.
            Thanks! Do you know what the width at the nut and the "butt" and the 24th fret are?

Originally posted by MetalDaze View Post
            Darn it, Joe types faster than me
            Joe has a "Speed Keyboard" with a 12-16" radius.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              Speed neck is slightly thinner than a Rhoads or a Soloist. It's the profile that Dave Mustaine prefers and spec'd out on the KV1, and it got carried over to the KV2. It would have a 25.5" scale neck with compound radius board, and smaller frets (medium jumbo). If you can find a KV1 (or KE2 or WR1) or any ESP or Dean Mustaine model, you'll see what a speed neck profile is like. Here's the specs of the neck dimensions from the old 2003 catalog.
              http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...2003Page46.jpg
              Thanks, ToeJam!

I saw the specs for the KV2 in your provided info but it didn't mention what the radius was on the neck, only the widths. It's possible I missed where it mentioned the exact radius, though, so I'll keep searching. I can't imagine it won't be listed somewhere in the link to the copy of the brochure.

Comment

1 & 11/16" nut width. Not sure of the butt/24th fret. And I believe Jackson's compound radius is 12" - 16"

Comment

The radius is 12 inch to 16 inch. In millimeters that's 304.8- 406.4. The exact Jackson spec is written out like this for the speed neck profile .775 -.835. The nut is 1.6875 (43) millimeters or 1 &11/16. The 24th fret or butt end of the board is 2.25 inches which is 57.15 millimeters. Hope this helps. I actually had to measure the butt end of the board because I had no clue what the spec was.
                  This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

I am confused with the posted scale length of 25.5". Weren't the KV2's 24.75" Did it change recently? I owned a 2007 USA KV2 and remember the scale length was 24.75" I also currently own one of those first batch KV2T with scale length of 25.5"

Jackson's current website specs are 25.5" Huh??

Comment

The KV2 was never short scale; always 25.5" scale.

The KV2T is short scale and, as you mentioned, about the first dozen of them mistakenly got 25.5" when they first came out.

Comment

Yes. Confusion over. Thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

The KV2 was never short scale; always 25.5" scale.

The KV2T is short scale and, as you mentioned, about the first dozen of them mistakenly got 25.5" when they first came out.
                          +1 It's always been 25.5
                          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

And the original bolt-on Japanese Professional series KV2 was also 25.5" scale and had 22 frets.

http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...1997Page10.jpg

Comment

And the original bolt-on Japanese Professional series KV2 was also 25.5" scale and had 22 frets.

http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...1997Page10.jpg
                              I've never seen a bolt on KV in person bro can you believe that.

Comment

Working...
                              X