CS Kelly Wait Time For A "Simple" Custom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS Kelly Wait Time For A "Simple" Custom

I was wondering how long would it take the Custom Shop to make a copy of my Custom Kelly that was made in 1991? Or does the custom shop take orders as they are received?

My Kelly is very simple- Kelly body, neck-through, 22 jumbo frets on ebony fingerboard, one humbucking pickup (emg-81), one volume knob, color- black with white binding along the neck and headstock... and "Made In The USA" label under the Jackson logo, of course. Thats it. Very simple and quite standard.

Back in 1991, I was quoted 3-months.. it arrived in 4 months.

Does Jackson put the "Made In The USA" label on their customs, nowadays? If not, I assume that they would upon request though I don't see that option on the last custom build sheet.

I'm giving my Kelly to my daughter. She's learnng to play and loves rock n' roll... Thank god! :-)
    [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

If you can compromise on some of the specs, you could get something via Custom Select in (nominally) 4 months. If you want 22 frets then you'll have to go full custom which would cost a ton more and take 2 years..

And yes, the current logos say 'Made in USA' after the logo, not underneath. Then again, generally that stopped a long time prior to 1991..
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
      If you can compromise on some of the specs, you could get something via Custom Select in (nominally) 4 months. If you want 22 frets then you'll have to go full custom which would cost a ton more and take 2 years..
      So 23 frets would be halfway between 2 years and 4 months then? 14 months? Well that explains that 23 fret Kelly thing. :dead:

Comment

Lol
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
          So 23 frets would be halfway between 2 years and 4 months then? 14 months? Well that explains that 23 fret Kelly thing. :dead:
          Except that Kelly still took 24 months to get, and apparently that guy still hasn't received the rebuild.

Comment

"Simple" to you is not "simple" to Jackson, regardless of anyone's opinion on the matter.

Sometimes they dig through the pile and find an order they deem "simple", or "interesting" (a JCF small batch run some years ago was done this way). It's entirely up to them.

Back in 1991, they had far fewer Custom Shop orders than they do today. Today, more and more dealers like The Music Zoo are ordering special runs, which take more time than an individual order, which increases everyone's wait times.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

To add onto Newc's statement,:
              This is why if you want to get your CS build done, it may be wise to use a dealer that does a LOT of special runs. Not because there is a preference over any other dealer by Jackson themselves, but special runs bring in more money and are usually at the front of the line. This can be a benefit to you because Jackson likes to bundle as many guitars as they can into a single shipment to a dealer. Meaning that if their special run is complete, the CS may finish yours and any other's they can that came from that dealer as well to include it in that bundle.
              I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Working...
              X