Custom Select Color Decisions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Select Color Decisions...

I'm going to take the plunge and order a custom select SL2H.

I'm thinking of some sort of metallic finish. Either green or purple with a maple fretboard + black sharkfins. I know it's a longshot, but does anyone out there have a guitar in Lime Green Metallic or Purple Metallic? I'm assuming that these are the same colors that Fender uses under those names.

I found these strats. Am I in the right ballpark color-wise for these?

Google is your friend...

Purple:

Lime green:

Both are very cool colors, IMHO. Personally, though, I prefer candy apple green to the lime green.

Comment

Many thanks, shreddermon.

Always better to see it on an actual Jackson instead.

Candy green would be like this Charvel, correct?

Comment

Yep

Comment

Hmm, not the cool purple flake tone I was envisioning, looks eggplant or magenta-ish but could be pic or my monitor.
          Last edited by Larz; 03-27-2014, 09:13 AM.
          Jackson KV2
          Jackson KE1T
          Jackson KE1F
          Jackson SL1

Comment

Some here got the metallic purple on a soloist it's killer.

Comment

I had two mid '90s Dinky Reverse models... one in Deep Metallic Purple, one in Candy Apple Green. The purple was pretty dark and almost looked blue/black under certain lighting conditions, and the green was very bright and sparkly.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

You guys do realize that purple metallic is different than purple metalflake, right? Both of which are different than purple sparkle? I mean the shades of color are different, as well as the size/type of flake or sparkle.

(I'm the one with a purple sparkle Soloist. Not sure if that's what you meant, though.)

Comment

I know what you mean. The metallic is sparkly but very tiny metallic flakes.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                    You guys do realize that purple metallic is different than purple metalflake, right? Both of which are different than purple sparkle? I mean the shades of color are different, as well as the size/type of flake or sparkle.

(I'm the one with a purple sparkle Soloist. Not sure if that's what you meant, though.)
                    I bet that's what I was thinking of, thanks for clarifying.
                    Jackson KV2
                    Jackson KE1T
                    Jackson KE1F
                    Jackson SL1

Comment

I'll be photoshopping some mockups to try to figure out which color I'd prefer. Originally I was thinking white or "vanilla shake" and doing kind of a DK2M/SL2H hybrid design with no pickup rings, stainless steel frets, and no truss rod cover. However, now I'm going to look a bunch of finishes before I make my decision.

I'm sticking to non-"sparkle" finishes. Those are a pretty substantial upcharge.

Comment

Working...
                      X