Hmm, what do you make of this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm, what do you make of this?

I came across this while searching CL for used Charvels and Jacksons.

I'm from Western PA, live in NJ, have family in NY, and am not far from Delaware/Baltimore/DC, so I search all of those areas.

Well I found this:

I figured it could be the same person and they just move back and forth, but then when you click the "Other ads from this user" though, neither one comes up in the other.

These two areas are 315 miles about 4 1/2-5 hours away from each other. Maybe just someone with the same guitar and too lazy to make their own ad? But then again both ads have the serial #.

Not saying it's a scam or trying to offend anyone here if one of these ads is yours. It's probably just the same person.

I just thought it was odd that CL doesn't show both ads by the same user and that's a long way to drive to sell a guitar
    Last edited by Steel City Psycho; 04-25-2014, 01:58 AM.
    I DESPISE ROSEWOOD WITH A PASSION!!!

I'd stay away. CL people (not me, of course) are weird sometimes. But you knew that anyway...
    8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

I'm not really interested, just like I said thought it was a little odd.

I bought 2 guitars off of CL before. The Pagan Gold So-Cal in my avatar, and a Gibson Explorer.

Dude who sold the So-Cal was all about me coming to house and checking it out, plugging it in, and then all of the sudden called me and told me to meet him at his work instead. I really didn't think that was odd, I wouldn't want some strange dude coming to my house either. Turns out though the wiring was jacked up and when I got it home it didn't work, I have never seen such a butchered soldering job especially just one v and a 3 way!!! No biggie, I hate DiMarzios anyway, so I just rewired it and put duncans in, it's a great guitar.

The explorer, met the dude at a guitar store, pretty easy transaction.

The only thing I worry about when buying off of CL is the stuff being stolen or something.
      I DESPISE ROSEWOOD WITH A PASSION!!!

Comment

I'm like you. Due to proximity, I check 4 areas regularly, and another 4 semi regularly.

Those are obviously the same guy. It could be a student or commuter that is legitimately in those areas, but its probably a 'business' man. It is usually a 'business' man. And I really hate when they post in multiple areas as if they are in the area. But I am not a fan of the reseller/flipper to begin with.
        To me, its truth in advertising. Say what area you are in but you will travel to meet, or that you are a truck driver and are in town often, or just leave the area blank. But how do I believe anything else in your ad when you are living in 7 different cities.

Now me, about the other stuff you mentioned, I've learned over the years, unless its something that really needs tried out first, I do not let people anywhere near my home when they pick stuff up and I do not go in to anyone's home either. No one is taking my stuff apart, I can do it for them over skype or just sending pictures, so that I am not rushed and I know its done right, no one is putting a screw driver near my stuff. And any last minute changes to a meeting time or place is denied, I can cancel this meeting but I am not meeting on their terms.

Comment

Working...
        X