Clear coat thicker on trans finish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear coat thicker on trans finish?

Reason I ask is because I used to have an SL2H in trans green and the neck felt very thick. I noticed later that the clear coat on it was very thick and figured it needed the extra clear to protect it since it has no paint only stain. I have had 3 other SL2H's one black and 2 white, the clear is not thick like it was on the trans green I sold. I have my eye on a blue trans and am worried it will have a thick clear on it and that the neck will feel thicker because of this. Please share your thoughts/experience on this. Thanks!

As with anything, it is going to vary.

I have a trans that seems really thin. Its a '99. I have a trans that seems thicker. Its a '05.
    I have an '86 that is not trans, but the paint seems really thick, and it is still so shiny that I assume it is the clear. I have an '89 that seems thin.

So, the above examples cover 3 eras of Jackson. It covers both USA and Japan.
    No standard.

Comment

with jacksons i dont think the overall finish is thicker. usually on solid finishes they use a shit load of primer/filler. as for the thickness of the clear, no clue. I believe the older ones actually had a thinner finish or at least they seem to.

Comment

thin rules imho , see ya , cioa baby , alz / 2014

Comment

If anything, the finish is thinner on trans-tops.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Scape it off! That why I don't buy USA's, I hate clear on my necks, and yes I would scape it off, lol.

Comment

Working...
            X