Taking care to my Jackson SL2H-V Custom Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking care to my Jackson SL2H-V Custom Shop

I recently buy a Jackson SL2H-V Custom Shop guitar, which is Mahogany Neck-Body on Natural Gunstock Oil Finish and Ebony Fretboard, since It is the first Oil finish guitar I ever had, I have questions about how to take care of it, anybody Has? with my others guitars I use the Dunlop system 65 Maintenance Kit, but I don't know if it is appropiate for this guitar, I am particularly concerned of what kind of oil can I use for the body and Fretboard
    Last edited by DrJackson; 06-08-2014, 10:20 PM.

To maintain and protect your finish, you wax. Caranuba, beeswax, Pledge, whatever... Just like you would any expensive oil-based furniture finishes. The "bandwagon" product right now would be Howard's Feed-N-Wax Wood Polish:

Antique restoration and fine furniture care products. Full line of the highest quality polishes, waxes, and restorers available. "Restore It - Don't Strip It!" Since 1969

To clean, you can use any of the lemon or orange oil for furniture. You'll want to wax it after you're done cleaning.

Many people just re-apply boiled linseed or tung oil or one of the products like Tru-Oil... but that's not actually protecting a finish, that's applying a new coat and you'll need to treat it like you're applying a new finish... including 0000 steel wool or buffing to get rid of the tackiness of a new application of finish.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Back when I was a furniture maker, we used to warm up solid minwax and wipe so it gets in the pores, then buff off the excess with a rag. IMHO avoid products that contain silicon
      Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Comment

Working...
      X