Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD: What's bright pink and pointy all over?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: What's bright pink and pointy all over?

Well, after what was supposed to be a 90-120 day build time which turned into something like 13-14 months, I finally have my USA Custom Select Warrior. It is done in platinum pearl pink with stainless steel frets, a Screamin' Demon in the bridge and a Duncan Jazz in the neck. The other specs are pretty run of the mill. Despite the wait and being rather disgruntled about it (I really had high hopes Jackson wouldn't muck up these advertised quicker builds), the guitar turned out killer. The color is beautiful and as much 80's as even I can take! Total pearlescent bubblegum overload. It has an 80's inspired tone, great for thrashy riffs, and it is perhaps one of the most clear and quiet Jacksons I've owned. The stainless frets are fantastic. I've been getting them on Carvin stuff for a few years, but combined with Jackson's neck profile, they are perhaps even more awesome here. The only thing that would make this guitar better for me would be a 7th string. On to the pix:

Looking for un-molested slant fretboard early USA & Pro Warriors!

That looks amazing! HNGD!

Comment

man! that is just too bad ass! that's got me GASing hard
      Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Comment

VERY cool! I would LOVE to have one like that in my collection! ENJOY Sir!

Comment

That's brilliant dude. That's as pink as pink comes...
          -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Absolutely stunning! Love it. Congrats.

And glad to see they're getting that finish right. That's absolutely spot-on perfect to the 80s version, IMHO. They weren't really doing it right all of the time last year.

Comment

Ok now THAT is pink

HNGD!

Comment

Looks like a complete flash back, so I say well done! Great specs. Congrats
                "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Yeah, some of the Soloists had a lot of pearl, making them very silvery. This one is just about right and doesn't look like an assembly line pearl finish, i.e. you can see small inconsistencies in the pearl, reminding me a lot of the 80's finishes.
                  Looking for un-molested slant fretboard early USA & Pro Warriors!

Comment

Awesome! Totally Awesome!
                    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Reminds me of a "Bubblegum Metallic" BC Rich ST-III I had at my store.
                      "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Just amazing! Love the gold hardware, which you wouldn't usually see on a pink
                        paintjob. You're a lucky man!

Comment

Looks awesome - congrats!

I gotta ask - are the specs totally the same as the USA Select guitar apart from the ss frets? Just wondering because that's the first JCS I've seen with a U serial..
                          Popular is not the same as good
                          Rare is not the same as valuable
                          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

That is very cool, congrats PP and gold for the win!
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

That bridge pickup is a CS Select option as well but yea seems like the only option keeping this a Custom is the SS frets. Either way it's an awesome guitar and I would love to have it! Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                              X