No announcement yet.

Floyded san dimas student Rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it was original shouldn't there be bolts on the back of the neck @ the nut that look to have been drilled before paint?

Comment

^ .... yes!!

& while less common than Kahlers or string-thrus Student models w/Floyds weren't exceedingly rare....I have owned several....

Comment

Surface mount Floyd?
        Would that be a Kahler. Or just a way of describing it that I am unfamiliar with.

Comment

I think he meant to say top mount Floyd, non-recessed.
          Last edited by Jackson8090s; 10-08-2015, 02:59 PM.
          \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson8090s View Post
            I think he meant to say top mount Floyd, non-recessed.
            I assume he meant non-recessed too. But, we are talking about an old one, so Kahler would not out of the question. PLUS, you would be amazed at how many people don't know the difference.
            It's one of those weird things like Jell-o and gelatin, or Google vs google. iPod vs digital music player. Proper names that became synonymous with the service/product.

'Floyd' is becoming a generic term for tremolo. It doesn't help that there are so many non-Floyd Floyds - whether it be a licensed trem or just a blatant rip off like what Ibanez does.

So I just had to ask to be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
              I assume he meant non-recessed too. But, we are talking about an old one, so Kahler would not out of the question. PLUS, you would be amazed at how many people don't know the difference.
              It's one of those weird things like Jell-o and gelatin, or Google vs google. iPod vs digital music player. Proper names that became synonymous with the service/product.

'Floyd' is becoming a generic term for tremolo. It doesn't help that there are so many non-Floyd Floyds - whether it be a licensed trem or just a blatant rip off like what Ibanez does.

So I just had to ask to be sure.
              Oh yeah, sure... I know what you're saying. I've witnessed it myself. A licensed Floyd is now a Floyd Rose when you look on ebay and such.
              \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Yes, I'm sorry top-mounted=non-recessed. Here's a pic of my old guitar. Bad pic but I think it's the only one I have.

Comment

San Dimas Student with originally installed Floyd Rose in Zebra paint finish. The Floyd is gold, as are the posts and locking nut, but all other hardware is black. 1985.
                  "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                  Gotta get away from here.
                  Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                  Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Is that RR1362 with the headstock repair?

Comment

Originally posted by Catharpin View Post
                      Is that RR1362 with the headstock repair?
                      Indeed! The repair is solid, seller said it was sloppy, but you can hardly see it. Plays like a monster, and the original Jackson pickups rock!
                      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                      Gotta get away from here.
                      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
                      X