NGD: So my Ibbys went out and this came in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: So my Ibbys went out and this came in

lately all I've been playing are my neck through (soloists and my Rico 7) so I decided to move my 1550M and I just sold that RG560 that had been sitting in the classifieds for a few weeks now.
    I love my XL Pro SL-1 but the neck is a little thin for playing long hours on, so I was on the look out for a USA SL-1. I just missed 1 1990 that was on Ebay to someone else on the JCF (pissed I missed that one) so I started looking around and low and behold the GC used site had a bunch.
    so I had reps from all over the country start sending me pics and I decided on one that was in Virginia beach that was a really good price for a USA Jackson.
    Arrived today.
    1995 USA SL_1 gloss black. In really good shape (I'm actually pretty psyched how clean it is)
    It's got a fender Lace sensor Red pickup in the neck , but it's not wired up right (it's really quiet) and the tone control is acting like a second volume pot but only on the Lace pickup? So it's fucked up.
    I don't know what is in the bridge yet. I'm going to swing it by Steve Morrils tomorrow and have him give it a once over (make sure there's no twist in the neck I'm not seeing, but I don't think so it plays pretty great even the way it's set up now)
    I'll have him fix the wiring too so I can figure out what to do with it. I've got a BK Holy diver that I was going to throw into my XL Pro but I may throw it into this one if I keep it (which I think I most likely will) If he gives it the thumbs up I'll polish up the frets oil the board etc. and dial it in
    good thing the 560 sold or my wife may have started to give me more shit:ugh:

pick a soloist any soloist
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Very nice! Congrats.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Congrats and great group of soloists!

Comment

That is nice! Enjoy Sir!

Comment

Nice one. Enjoy!

Comment

so I took this thing apart tonight and cleaned and oiled (whatever needed oil), polished the frets oiled the board tweaked the trussrod ,yada, yada ,yada
            pulled the bridge pickup to see if it was a Jackson ro a jb and lo and behold

what the heck is this? I've never heard of this pickup before, it's pretty hot, but I don't know what I've got here
            anyone?

Comment

PRS Dragon....

Comment

Yep, PRS pickup. How's it sound?
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

sounds pretty good , it's hot, I have't spent enough time with it plugged in yet
                  Tonight I'm going to feel it out some more

Comment

I have an incoming BK Holy diver anyone here ever compare one against one of these Dragon pickups?

Comment

Nice set of Soloists. Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                        Nice set of Soloists. Congrats
                        thanks I've got a pretty good mix going now
                        These 3 soloists (all tuned to E 440, I'm going to need to drop one of them down)
                        My BJR 7 string (which is basically a 7 string soloist)
                        My GMW
                        My Charvel Socal
                        and my Jackson San Dimas Dinky
                        3 bolt ons and 4 neck throughs.
                        If I could find a nice older ESP Eclipse with passives in it (so I have at at least one fixed bridge guitar)
                        I think I'd be all set. Everything is tuned to 440 standard so I need to decide which ones goe to E Flat and which one goes to D
                        Last edited by kmanick; 08-04-2015, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X