Jackson Ferrari Red Strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Ferrari Red Strat

Had this one for some time now. Thought I'd show it to you guys. Its an Ontario built Strat.
    It sounds like an 80's machine. Very tight, crisp and resonant sustain.

IMG_1092.jpgIMG_1093.jpgIMG_1094.jpgIMG_1095.jpgIMG_1096.jpgIMG_1097.jpgIMG_1098.JPGIMG_1099.jpg

I'm trying to preserve Grovers autograph however this guitar gets a lot playing time lol

And unfortunately the floyd roses arm socket couldnt fit. I dont mind, it sounds meaner with the floyd on

Nice one
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Great looking guitar.
      Power chords...what more do you need?!

Comment

Hey...red....black hardware.....Jackson Strat-body.....life is good, congrats!
        "Hail to the Wasted".......Zinny J. Zan

Comment

Very cool Jackson!

Comment

Nice! love the full size strats
            If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Sweet! So this was a partial JT6 to Floyd conversion? That trem route can be modified to provide clearance for the coupler. I usually let my tech handle that chore, and he blacks out the exposed wood. Also I did a partial refin on the front of a black strat and had Mike Learn clear over the Grover sig on the back to preserve it.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                Sweet! So this was a partial JT6 to Floyd conversion? That trem route can be modified to provide clearance for the coupler. I usually let my tech handle that chore, and he blacks out the exposed wood. Also I did a partial refin on the front of a black strat and had Mike Learn clear over the Grover sig on the back to preserve it.
                Yes, I still have the original JT6. I'm keeping it if I ever want to bring the guitar back to its original form.
                Really damn good ideas on the extra clearance for the coupler and on the clear coat! Thanks

Comment

Yeah I'd go for it if you like the guitar better with the OFR. Live with it a while. I feel some of these do better with JT6's, especially if the OFR kills the fret margin anywhere on the neck (the string spacing is a touch wider). I will say I don't care for the big blocks in these. I like a 1 + 1/2 step pullup range on the B string, and you just can't get there with a big block.

Comment

Yeah I'd go for it if you like the guitar better with the OFR. Live with it a while. I feel some of these do better with JT6's, especially if the OFR kills the fret margin anywhere on the neck (the string spacing is a touch wider). I will say I don't care for the big blocks in these. I like a 1 + 1/2 step pullup range on the B string, and you just can't get there with a big block.
                    yeah I've had this floyd on for a few weeks now and I did notice immediately that the upper e string is now a little bit closer to the edge of the fretboard. Its still playable though. I rarely push the upper e out of the fretboard. But when I do it sucks. I've actually been thinking of putting the jt6 again to see if it feels better. I can live with the spacing however this floyd just sounds better, could just be a placebo lol anyway I've gone through a few baja telecasters with worse string spacing lol

Comment

Fret margin is a major pet peeve of mine, it kills a guitar for me. The bad thing is that I never get used to it, it just bugs me more and more the longer I play the guitar.

I'm flaky, though. Things like neck carve don't bother me at all (thin, thick, C, D, it doesn't matter much to me). :dunno:

So play it for a while. After much consideration, proceed to "Dremel Phase". Even after Dremel-ing, you can put the JT6 back on and probably cover the butchery.

Comment

Fret margin is a major pet peeve of mine, it kills a guitar for me. The bad thing is that I never get used to it, it just bugs me more and more the longer I play the guitar.

I'm flaky, though. Things like neck carve don't bother me at all (thin, thick, C, D, it doesn't matter much to me). :dunno:

So play it for a while. After much consideration, proceed to "Dremel Phase". Even after Dremel-ing, you can put the JT6 back on and probably cover the butchery.
                        No I understand you. We can all be very particular. I myself have a thing for well built guitars, or anything for that matter lol If it doesn't feel well crafted in my hands then I cant really play it or use it.

Anyway I'm going to drop the jt6 back next string change and see how it fares against to the floyd.

Comment

I had an issue with the arm socket hitting the rout on an ESP, and rather than routing the body, I just filled back the 'barrel' of the socket a bit and it fixed the issue right away..
                          Popular is not the same as good
                          Rare is not the same as valuable
                          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

In my opinion the secret to the JT6 is getting the arm tight. Some of the original chrome push-in bars are quite tight and just flutter away. Most suck diiiiiiick. None of the black ones are original, most are Ibanez. They tend be be decent, not great. The screw-in coupler conversion from FotN is really good. A loose arm gives the JT6 a shitty, clunky feel...and it robs sustain and tone.

Comment

In my opinion the secret to the JT6 is getting the arm tight. Some of the original chrome push-in bars are quite tight and just flutter away. Most suck diiiiiiick. None of the black ones are original, most are Ibanez. They tend be be decent, not great. The screw-in coupler conversion from FotN is really good. A loose arm gives the JT6 a shitty, clunky feel...and it robs sustain and tone.
                              Most jt6 tremelos i tried had a loose arm and it sucks pretty bad..

I bought this guitar off the original owner. This is the tremelos arm housing. Original or added later? I've never seen a jt6 like this.
                              IMG_1114.jpgIMG_1115.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X