Just received Schon & Warbird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just received Schon & Warbird

I just received a Schon NS6-0116 and a Warbird U01208. Can anyone help me with possible value and collectability advice. Both are in very good condition with original cases. The Warbird is painted army green with an Air Force logo and a sexy lady with exposed breast. It is painted to look like the WWII fighter planes, all the rivets and sheet metal look. The Schon is all white, with a one piece neck and body. Build date is Nov. 13 1986. Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by glideman; 08-30-2015, 08:18 PM. Reason: entered more info.

Not sue I can help much on the value advice but always cool to see pics of new gear.

Comment

IIRC the Schon Jackson only came in white. I'm not sure if any came Floyded, but I seem to recall at least one.

I've seen Schons listed for $2000 or more, but never really tracked what they sold for.

Warbirds can vary depending on the quality of the girl. I had one with a "Pearl Harbor" motif (brunette, dark skin, flowered sarong) but her face wasn't all that great. The redhead seems to be the most common, as there were two of them (at least). The blonde is the big-hitter, though, especially if it's the one from the catalog.

Overall condition is always a factor in pricing, as well. One of the Warbirds I owned had been through a headstock repair previously, and it was a solid job, though the paint along the break was noticeably lighter. I paid what I felt was fair for the guitar overall ($1500 IIRC) but could only sell it for about $1000 due to the repair, so it definitely depends on the buyer.

For insurance purposes, replacement cost is what you should go for. Since Jackson cannot build another Schon (at least with his name on it), that one would be difficult to value. The Warbird with the original short-scale and the 3 slanted pickups would cost more than a standard 2-hum Custom Shop Warrior with the same graphic, simply because of the extra woodworking involved to recreate it.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Another point to consider is that Schon took his design with him to Larrivee after Jackson, though I can't recall the specifics on how to tell them apart. I want to say the Larrivee has the funky string through channels?
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
        X