Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New SL-1 Day

this popped up on the bay last Saturday morning and I jumped on it
    2001 SL-1 in virtually un played condition(except for the ding on the rear edge)
    huge frets, kind of a weak flame top but I scored it for a great price so I'm ok with it. (best offer )
    needs a set up so I'm dropping it off with my tech tomorrow, already plays really nicely but I'm getting some buzz on the high E string open so I
    think I may have a high fret or the nut may need a shim...or something , I suck at anything but a basic set up so off it goes.

If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Congrats! Cherry Sunburst is a nice color.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Beautiful guitar!

Comment

Cherry SB is just classic! Congrats.

Comment

Wow, nice deal on a beautiful guitar.

Comment

Very cool. Congrats!

Comment

Thanks guys! an amber burst is my ideal but I have not been able to find one for a bargain anywhere (there is one on Reverb.com right now
              but I could've bought 2 of these for what he's asking) so when this one came up I negotiated and grabbed it.
              I did some tweaking to it last night and let it sit overnight and I may have done a good enough set up on my own. Now it's playing like a champ
              and the buzzing I was getting on the high open E is almost completely gone, I may still have a little bump on a fret somewhere but
              I don't need to run out and get full set up any longer right now. Intonation is very close so I think I'm going to just jam out on it for a few days
              and then bring it to my tech and have him give it the "once over".
              It's amazing how "solid feeling" these USA soloists are, and I'm surprised at how much I love the sound of a JB with the classic stack together clean (position 2).
              John...this one looks like a keeper
              If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Great score! SL1s rule!

Comment

Beautiful guitar. Love the color!

Comment

that thing is SWEET.

Comment

JB's always seem to work in SL1's, for some reason. I think the neck eats up some the mid range, giving it a nice balanced tone.

Comment

NOW that's a ScOrE!!!! Congrats!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X