Looks like Jackson Screwed up my Custom Select order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like Jackson Screwed up my Custom Select order

Not a huge mistake, but still a mistake. I ordered clean mount pickups and they installed with pickup rings.

That's not something that can easily be fixed. Probably requires the clear coat being stripped, the screw holes being filled and the guitar repainted.

Wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience and how was it corrected/rectified by the dealer?

Maybe easier for them to start from scratch with a new build.

Comment

darn am doing a custom jackson sl2h wonder if they be on track.... fingers crossed... refund for your case ?

Comment

That sucks and is one of my fears. My clean mount single hum soloist is due in this month.

I asked my dealer what happens if one of the custom selects I have on order shows up wrong. They said Jackson will usually offer you a discount to see if you will keep the guitar. Otherwise it gets returned and you wait for Jackson to rebuild it.

Comment

Sorry to hear that.

Personally I prefer pickup rings instead of direct mount. I know the look of direct mount is in vogue now, but to me pickup rings don't sound as harsh and you don't need to drill out your pickup mounting holes to install them.

Comment

Talk to your dealer right away - one way or another Jackson will take care of you. It sucks to have to wait for it to be rebuilt though, and I would suggest that if you do go down that route, you make another change, so there aren't two more or less identical guitars out there..
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

We caught the mistakes at the dealer. The dealer sent me pictures to review before shipping and I caught the errors.

There are 3 mistakes:

1. Pickup rings instead of clean mount
              2. Pickup toggle switch in the wrong spot
              3. Wrong color

I could probably live with 1 & 2, but 3 is hard to swallow. The discount would need to be pretty steep.

The dealer is contacting Jackson and I'm waiting to hear back what will be the solution.

The worst part of this whole order process is how long it takes to play the telephone game with the dealer as the middleman going back and forth between Jackson. I had a lot of questions during the order process and it would take like 2 days just to get a response because I had to wait for the dealer to get a hold of Jackson, then get back to me.

Comment

Originally posted by gallery View Post
                We caught the mistakes at the dealer. The dealer sent me pictures to review before shipping and I caught the errors.

There are 3 mistakes:

1. Pickup rings instead of clean mount
                2. Pickup toggle switch in the wrong spot
                3. Wrong color

I could probably live with 1 & 2, but 3 is hard to swallow. The discount would need to be pretty steep.

The dealer is contacting Jackson and I'm waiting to hear back what will be the solution.

The worst part of this whole order process is how long it takes to play the telephone game with the dealer as the middleman going back and forth between Jackson. I had a lot of questions during the order process and it would take like 2 days just to get a response because I had to wait for the dealer to get a hold of Jackson, then get back to me.
                Those 3 together sound to me like "wrong guitar". Why bother running a custom shop if your employees can't read an order sheet?

Comment

I agree with Vass... sounds like they shipped the wrong guitar.
                  -Rick

Comment

I have to say that I find it strange that there still is apparently nobody giving these a quick once-over before they leave, not just in terms of QC but against the build sheet. Colour (if it's a shade difference) would be understandable to miss I guess, but pickup rings on a guitar with direct mount on the order sheet should have been noticed.
                    Popular is not the same as good
                    Rare is not the same as valuable
                    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

WOW! Really sorry to hear about that. I know how frustrating it is. Lets talk about what they did get right. How many frets? Did they at least hit a round number? Good lord!
                      "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

The color is only a slight shade different from the order. It's Quicksilver and I ordered Firemist Silver.

It's highly unlikely they shipped the wrong guitar because some of the options I ordered are unique.

Someone in the custom shop isn't doing their job. Everything was clearly marked on the order sheet and I signed off on it before it was sent to Jackson for the build.

Comment

Man, so sorry to hear this. This is one of the reasons I'm so reluctant to do a custom order. Keep us updated and hopefully they can make things as right as possible for you.

Comment

Very sorry to hear this. Yes the color is way off. I would let them rebuild it if i were you. Because the finish is also wrong, both builds might not be too similar.

Comment

Well Jackson has been pretty responsive so far, and while I'm bummed I feel good that they've recognized the issue and are working towards a solution. I got a call from my the Jackson Rep that works with my dealer and he needs to confirm the details and timelines on Monday with the custom shop, but they are planning to do a rebuild in 90 - 120 days and are adding a few upgrades to the build at no charge.

So, I'll have to wait until January-ish, but I'd rather have the guitar I ordered than settle for the wrong build. Plus the free upgrades are options I originally wanted to add, but didn't because of the cost.
                              Last edited by gallery; 10-16-2015, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X