Soloist SLH2? Custom? Specs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soloist SLH2? Custom? Specs?

Hi. I would like to sell my Jackson guitar but I am struggling to define the model and Specs.
    Serial number is U16312 and has skull/flames paint job by Mike Learn (http://www.mikelearn.com/index.php?o...&id=7&Itemid=9). I believe it's a 2006 Soloist SLH2. Many thanks.

Pics will help.

Comment

Originally posted by ps43203 View Post
      Pics will help.

Thanks for helping!!

Comment

It's a USA Select SL2H with a Mike Learn graphic - there was a period where they sent a bunch of non custom guitars to Mike for him to paint. So while it has custom one-off paint, the guitar is a production instrument.
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

That is bad ass I must say......Can't really help with pricing in today's market.....maybe around $2 grand?

hotrod

Comment

Late '05 or early '06 is as close as I can get with my meager list of serials.

I don't know how often it happens, but I know of another example of a Uxxxxx serial'd model with a Custom Shop logo. That was an SL2HT with a graphic by a female artist named Daneen and the serial was one away from my SL2HT Select.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

There are a bunch of Selects and batch orders with CS logos. A CS logo is meaningless to differentiate. By now there are probably more USA Jacksons on the market that aren't true customs with CS logos than there are actually CS guitars on the market. FWIW.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Many thanks. Very helpful!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                  Late '05 or early '06 is as close as I can get with my meager list of serials.
                  Like others have said, it's a USA Select SL2H guitar with a one-off graphic done by Mike Learn. Not sure what that means when it comes to the serial number though. If it were a standard production USA Select, I would agree with Mudlark and say it's probably a late 2005 or sometime in 2006 completion from what I see on my log. But given that it was shipped out to Learn for a custom graphic and then back to Jackson to complete, not sure what that does for the timing and actual completion for a guitar like this. If there isn't any date/signature in the graphic or in any of the cavities, maybe you could send an email to Mike and ask him if he has any details when he completed it. He's always been a cool guy to talk to and he's a member here too. He might be able to help you out and maybe give you some other details about the guitar. Worth a shot to ask him.

Comment

Working...
                  X