No announcement yet.

Before

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what a sacrifice of that quilted maple but then again it's your guitar done a good job on it looks good

Comment

I would have done a trans white on top just to keep that nice quilt, but it still looks nice now. I'm guessing it's Pearl White since it looks a little sparkly?
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Nice Lee! I would have never guessed you would go white...LOL!!!
        I really like the new look. The beveled horns look killer! Whenever your ready to trade or sell, let me know

Comment

Congrats...Love it! Good choice, fits in nicely.
          Can't wait to give her a whirl.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            I would have done a trans white on top just to keep that nice quilt, but it still looks nice now. I'm guessing it's Pearl White since it looks a little sparkly?
            Agreed.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

It is a good looking white. I totally understand why you did it even if I would have loved that green top to death!
              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Great job Lee....FWIW I like it better than green .
                "Hail to the Wasted".......Zinny J. Zan

Comment

I personally love trans green but I understand why you did it. Oh, and kudos on string-thru TOM.

Comment

I'm with the trans white crowd to show that beautiful quilt, but otherwise it's great.
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I would have loved a Trans white a Trans black body binding .

Comment

I considered the trans-white route but I owned a USA Broderick in that finish and I didn't like the blueish hue it had in the stain. I was told that is typical of the trans white finishes so i went with platinum pearl instead. Also the guitar already being trans green would have consisted of some extensive stripping/sanding involved which adds to the overall cost. Two other reasons i opted for a solid color is you hardly ever see solid color archtops and I own a solid black hard arch top and this is my polar opposite Here is the black AT

So that is my reasons for the solid over the trans finish. If I didn't already own this solid black AT I would have done her in trans-black
                        I like black and white guitars

Comment

As big a fan of green guitars as I am, I actually dig the way it turned out in white - that neck looks like it feels sweet as hell to play.

Comment

Originally posted by walshula View Post
                            The Afters....

I am sure I will be hated on for changing the green but to have this built would have cost me close to $5000 and would have taken close to 2 - 2 1/2 years so... was well worth it to me. Always wanted a soft archtop with blank ebony board and raw neck. Sometime we gotta do what we gotta do to have what we want in life.
                            Enjoy or hate! Either way she is beauty in my eyes
                            Eh, I love white guitars - I have an '88 Dinky that's white with blue pearl - so if it's what you want, it's what you want.

Hey, you're just down the road.
                            Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by walshula View Post
                              I considered the trans-white route but I owned a USA Broderick in that finish and I didn't like the blueish hue it had in the stain. I was told that is typical of the trans white finishes so i went with platinum pearl instead.
                              Cool. I don't mind the blue tint personally, but I can see how others don't.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Works for me - love the white and new logo. Okay, maybe a black "handscripted" logo would have been cool too, but I like the solid Jackson. Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                                X