Info on 12-String Soloists from the 1989 Catalog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on 12-String Soloists from the 1989 Catalog

I'm not sure if they were US or Import, but does anyone have any info on the 12-string Soloists mentioned in the 1989 catalog? Or even better would be info on the double-necked soloist mentioned in the same catalog. I've been looking, and the 12-strings I've only found ONE picture of one on pin interest and it claims to be an SL2H, but I haven't been able to find even another photo of another example as of yet.

The double-necked ones I can find mention of and photos of, just no specifics like specs or how many are out there, cost, etc... Ed Roman has mention of being able to make them, but I've not read good things about them so that's not an option.

Any info would be appreciated. I'd love to get a 12-string soloist or double-necked one for my collection!

Thanks.
    Some of my Guitars:
    1) Late '80s Charvel HS neon nuclear yellow. H is a Seymour Duncan, the neck is stock. H/S
    2) 1990-1991 Les Paul Custom flame sunburst with ebony fretboard. Gibson stock pickups. H/H
    3) 1991-1992 G&L Legacy. Red. Maple neck, rosewood fretboard. G&L stock pickups. S/S/S
    4) 2003 Jackson Soloist SL3 was trans red. WIP refinish.
    5) 2006 Jackson Dinky DXMG. Gray, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard. OE EMG H/H

There are probably 2-3 dozen doublenecks, with the siamese headstocks being the rarest.

12 strings are fairly rare as well, probably a few more built than that. I don't have any pictures, but I'm sure others have pics they can post.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

That's what I was afraid someone was about to say... Yeah so big $$ in either case. Shame, I'd love a 12-String soloist.

Thanks for the info.
      Some of my Guitars:
      1) Late '80s Charvel HS neon nuclear yellow. H is a Seymour Duncan, the neck is stock. H/S
      2) 1990-1991 Les Paul Custom flame sunburst with ebony fretboard. Gibson stock pickups. H/H
      3) 1991-1992 G&L Legacy. Red. Maple neck, rosewood fretboard. G&L stock pickups. S/S/S

Comment

Dave Ingram has a couple of 12 string soloists he was looking to sell for 'reasonable' money. One was blue, the other seafoam green..
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Order one and in about 5 years you might get it.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Weatherby View Post
            I'm not sure if they were US or Import,
            In 1989, Jackson would have been US.

Comment

Update:

Spoke to Dave Ingram and according to him, there were all of maybe a dozen, (10-12 were his exact 'words'), Soloist 12-strings made making this very rare indeed!
              Some of my Guitars:

Comment

rare is an understatement ! very few were made { rock stars had a few ? } as for us i only have seen like 3, or 4 in 2 decades non rock star = they are very scarce , i say that only because i only know of a few ? very rare but i owned the 1st 10 string JACKSON RANDY RHOADS PCS DAN SPITZ SER NUMBER W/TAGS PCS 0002 ! yes and is now with a very great bro of mine , see ya , Alz / 2015

Comment

I'm not sure if they were US or Import, but does anyone have any info on the 12-string Soloists mentioned in the 1989 catalog? Or even better would be info on the double-necked soloist mentioned in the same catalog. I've been looking, and the 12-strings I've only found ONE picture of one on pin interest and it claims to be an SL2H, but I haven't been able to find even another photo of another example as of yet.

The double-necked ones I can find mention of and photos of, just no specifics like specs or how many are out there, cost, etc... Ed Roman has mention of being able to make them, but I've not read good things about them so that's not an option.

Any info would be appreciated. I'd love to get a 12-string soloist or double-necked one for my collection!

Thanks.
                  I don't know that an Ed Roman would be bad, it just wouldn't be a Jackson.
                  I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                  So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Update:

Spoke to Dave Ingram and according to him, there were all of maybe a dozen, (10-12 were his exact 'words'), Soloist 12-strings made making this very rare indeed!
                    I dunno about that... I've seen at least 5 or 6 of them over my time here... And I doubt I've seen half of them.
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Of course they are rare...
                      Electric 12 strings are not as sought after as acoustics. Jackson players are typically a bit more rock-ish than what you would need a 12 string for. Jackson, for all of the years they've been around, are still made in low numbers.
                      And my personal opinion --- I don't like the extra long Jackson 12 string headstock.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
                        And my personal opinion --- I don't like the extra long Jackson 12 string headstock.
                        the 6 extra tuners are on the body not the headstock....

Comment

Originally posted by BLOOD SPLATTER View Post
                          the 6 extra tuners are on the body not the headstock....
                          Yeah, I know those.
                          But I swear I saw an ugly extra long inline ~ I probably got it confused with Carvin.

Comment

There was a 12 string bass that had a super long head..
                            Popular is not the same as good
                            Rare is not the same as valuable
                            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                              There was a 12 string bass that had a super long head..
                              And an inline 8-string guitar.

<*<*<*<
                              Edit
                              >*>*>*>

I saw an image of an 8 string Jackson with an elongated inline headstock (instead of the smurf hat). Real or photoshop - I dunno.
                              Last edited by pianoguyy; 12-15-2015, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X