PC1 neck profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC1 neck profile

Been hungrily eye-ballin' a JCS PC1 maple and am wondering about the neck carve. Anyone with a PC1 want to give me an idea of it's profile? 3G's is a lot to drop on a non-custom order and I'm not sure where I'd be able to try one out.

Depends on what you're familiar with. Thicker than a Strat, thinner than a Les Paul. Or a little thicker than a Soloist, with a slightly rounder profile. Very comfortable. Different, but in a good way. ...Everyone will have different opinions about "feel" though. That's just a personal thing.

Comment

My frames of reference would be Charvel promods (USA, MIJ and MIM), a Custom Shop Star, Jackson USA Dinkys, Soloist, and a Custom Shop Star.

I've heard that the PC1's were a little beefier than the USA Dinky/Soloists.

Comment

Dinky necks tend to be on the thin side. Soloists are more "middle of the road". Charvel pro mods are in between those two. Not sure what neck profiles you spec'd on your custom shop stars, so those are a wild card. Otherwise, PC1s are beefier than all of the above. Again, though, IMHO not dramatically bigger but big enough to feel different. Whether you will like it or not depends on your own opinions and preferences, though. It has never bothered me, though, and I prefer thinner necks like Dinkys and Charvels.

Comment

I'd say that for a typical Jackson guy, the PC1 is going to feel pretty thick. I like them, but I would say that I 'trained' myself to like them, more than it being love at first touch. For that reason, my custom order has the Adrian Smith neck profile..
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

What they all said. The PC1 doesn't doesn't feel like a traditional Jackson neck. I like mine. It actually made me like thicker profile necks. Going back to a Dinky or Soloist I feel like I'm playing a twig.
            http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Working...
            X