No announcement yet.

Interesting Find: old bolt-on Soloist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Find: old bolt-on Soloist?

Stopped by the local GC today with the lady, and as I was browsing I stumbled upon a very interesting used Jackson...

HSS Soloist body, arch-top, bolt-on 24 fret maple neck w/rosewood fingerboard and MOP sharkfins, very nice neck-joint, and "Made in the USA" on the headstock. Also featured JT-6, two SD single-sized hums (Lil '59er in the neck, idk what in the middle), and silver hardware.

The neck played nice, and the guitar had a nice amount of weight on it (presuming a mahogany body), but it needed a ton of TLC. Broke my heart a little, and if I wasn't already committed to purchasing a different axe, I might have pulled the trigger. Here'a to hoping I get some extra funds during the holidays.

On to the pics...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Anyone know what axe this is? Had Ontario plates on it but no serial number. Also, just noticed that I didn't take pics of the neck joint nor the MIA on the headstock. Will try to stop by GC before I go back to LA for the break. My bad.
    I'm back bitches!!!

Gear:
    ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black
    Agile Al 3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/Blackouts
    Blackstar Soloist HT60
    Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
    Seymour Duncan 805

Look at the chunky horns, it's more of a strat shape. Its top mount too. Isn't rosewood an odd option on a USA?

Comment

Originally posted by Force View Post
      Look at the chunky horns, it's more of a strat shape. Its top mount too. Isn't rosewood an odd option on a USA?
      I was thinking it looked more Strat-y the more I looked at the pic. Didn't really pay much attention earlier. I was finding the rosewood trippy as well.
      I'm back bitches!!!

Gear:
      Blackstar Soloist HT60
      Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
      Seymour Duncan 805

Comment

We've seen that one before I think - strange bolt-on archtop. That's not a JT6 bridge though.
        Last edited by neilli; 12-17-2015, 10:46 AM.
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Nut looks wiggety-wack.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

How much do they want for it?
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Very bizarre, archtop Strat-24?

Comment

To start with its not a soloist.
                Looks like an arch top strat 24 more than anything because its not a Dinky. The horns are too stubby.
                Rosewood was an option on the soloist archtop as were dots.
                Blank neck plate could mean an employee build.
                Ask to see the inside of the trem cavity so you can inspect the grid stamp for more info.
                Odd that the lock nut is missing and no serial number but its got a tuner missing it's cover looks like too.
                Its jacked up and missing parts so take that into account if you make an offer.
                Lots of red flags the way I see it and that may not be the original neck either,you won't know until you take the neck off.
                Last edited by straycat; 12-17-2015, 12:01 PM.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Looks legit to me. Someone removed the locking nut, happens all the time, installed a non locking probably because they don't use the tremolo. Cool axe. If it was $500 or less you should have snagged it. Should be able to sell for close to $800 if the nut is replaced and cleaned up.
                  "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                  Gotta get away from here.
                  Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                  Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                    Looks legit to me. Someone removed the locking nut, happens all the time, installed a non locking probably because they don't use the tremolo. Cool axe. If it was $500 or less you should have snagged it. Should be able to sell for close to $800 if the nut is replaced and cleaned up.
                    It was $500, but thought of negotiating down to $450 due to how bad it was taken care of. Definitely plan to take it apart and clean it up if I nab it, and install the Screamin' Demon I've had lying around for the past 2 years.

@straycat: exactly what I was thinking. It's a very odd but I can see that being made in the realm of Jackson.
                    I'm back bitches!!!

Gear:
                    Blackstar Soloist HT60
                    Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
                    Seymour Duncan 805

Comment

Did you get it? I'll take it.

Comment

Body looks aftermarket, weird.

Comment

I believe the middle pickup is a duckbucker btw.
                          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                          X