NGD sl2 soloist select

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD sl2 soloist select

Traded a les paul sig T for a trans black USA select series soloist in excellent condition yesterday . I owned one of these a few years back and just couldn't bond with it .This time however I'm loving this guitar . may have found a new # 1. I will take and post some pics today when i get home .that is if I can stop playing long enough

I've got a question to go along with this .
    I was told that this is a mahogany body .Is there a way to tell for sure ? Also how can i find out what year it was made ?

Comment

Serial can help with dating.

Comment

The Jackson site has serials listed up to '01. http://www.jacksonguitars.com/support/serial-numbers/
        If it's later than '01, post it here and I or someone else will date it.

The name 'SL2H' was first used in the 2000 catalogue and all post-2000 USA Select SL2H's would be alder to my knowledge.

THOUGH, there were some variants on the SL2H that were mahogany. SL2H MAH is the example I'm thinking of off the top of my head. I'm certain there was at least one other. Your pics should identify it.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I will post the serial # when I get home

Here are a couple of pics I forgot I had on my phone that were taken by the guy I traded with

Comment

If that's a Crunch Lab pickup in the bridge, flip it around so the bars are on top. Sounds better that way

Comment

Post pics of the back. If it's also a trans finish on the back, you should be able to see if it's mahogany or not.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Could be an SL2H MAH with a flame maple top or an alder SL2H with a FMT. I don't know, but someone may know how to differentiate between the two. Maybe check the cavities to see if you can see the darker mahogany?

Looks sweet, though.
                96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Impossible to tell without seeing the wood grain on the back. And they often paint trans black guitars with a solid black back. As Mudlark says, check the back cavities to see if you can get a pic of any unpainted spots. Mahogany looks a lot different than the more typical maple/alder combo, so it will be pretty obvious.

Comment

Should be a weight difference if it is mahogany.

Comment

Not necessarily. Every piece of wood is different. I have several mahogany-bodied guitars that would be difficult to tell were so by weight alone.

Comment

all the cavitys are paited black so I can't see the wood grain .
                        serial is u17046

Comment

Comment

17046 should be mid- 2006.
                            My list is messy in one spot, but it appears I have 1705x marked as June 2006.

I'm certain it's an '06, though.
                            Jonnyryche may come along...he may be able to confirm the month.
                            Last edited by Mudlark; 12-31-2015, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                              17046 should be mid- 2006.
                              My list is messy in one spot, but it appears I have 1705x marked as June 2006.

I'm certain it's an '06, though.
                              Jonnyryche may come along...he may be able to confirm the month.
                              Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X