Floyd issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd issues

My usa sl2h floyd does not pull up. Checked for any obstructions, but nothing obvious.
    Any thoughts?

if the base plate is not hitting the body the sustain block must be, or the bar socket.

Comment

Originally posted by paranoid View Post
      if the base plate is not hitting the body the sustain block must be, or the bar socket.
      I didn't see any of those items hitting anywhere

Comment

I'll just add this here since it's a Floyd problem... I ordered a FR 1984 Limited for that Rhoads PS3-T and it will not fit. The screws holding the string blocks go past the cavity over the body and rest right against the wood. Also noticed after I installed it, it was cockeyed looking from underneath even though it appeared to be straight when looking down from the top of the guitar. Fook'n weird! So, I'm gonna throw that baby in my DIME Razorback V 255 Monday , it came factory with a Floyd Rose Special which is based on the original Floyd and so is the 1984, just a bigger block, w00t!

Fook'n Rhoads is proving to be a pain in my ass!
        Last edited by Jackson8090s; 02-18-2016, 09:48 PM.
        \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Originally posted by UpTheIronsJim View Post
          I didn't see any of those items hitting anywhere
          something is hitting or it would pull back. or the base plate got welded to the post's. does it have a tremono or a hipshot on it?

Comment

Originally posted by paranoid View Post
            something is hitting or it would pull back. or the base plate got welded to the post's. does it have a tremono or a hipshot on it?
            Sounds like it to me.
            \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Too frustrated. Going to look at it again later on tomorrow. I own tons of Jackson guitars and never had a problem I couldn't find and fix...errrrrr

Comment

Couldn't wait installed it in my V
                \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Too frustrated. Going to look at it again later on tomorrow. I own tons of Jackson guitars and never had a problem I couldn't find and fix...errrrrr

Got any pics?
                  "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Got it. Previous owner had the trem block in backwards and the spring tension made the movement funky

Comment

Did the angle of the spring holes make the springs hit the wood in the trem rout? you wouldn't think that just the angle would make it not pull back. they drill those holes on an angle to keep tension on the springs so they do not fall out while pulling back on the bar. Glad you got it sorted!

Comment

Got it. Previous owner had the trem block in backwards and the spring tension made the movement funky
                        Um....probably not. If the sustain block is installed backwards, the springs tend to not stay in the holes because the angle becomes too shallow. I know this because I've actually made this mistake before.
                        Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Suggestion: remove your strings, then remove the tremolo springs. Then see if the bridge moves freely and if it can pull up.

Comment

it is fixed.

Comment

it is fixed.
                              Oops! Sorry, I forgot that you were the OP and thought you were a random poster tossing that out.

Glad it's fixed.

I actually did one backwards once and wondered why the trem springs wouldn't stay put in the block.

Last edited by PowerTube; 02-20-2016, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X