No announcement yet.

NGD....Strat incoming!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See if this helps. All the other pics are natural sunlight. This is indoor flash and makes it look more black. The perpendicular grain to the flame does look very brownish.
    Magnus insisted on being in the picture.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Catharpin; 02-27-2016, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      Rootbeer is more reddish brown. Trans black can look anywhere from a grayish to brownish, as I've seen many Carvins and a few Jacksons look like that. Still looks like a trans black to me.
      That's nowhere close to Jackson Trans Black. Flash pictures looked root beer to me on both of my monitors. Turn up your brightness?
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I talked to the original owner to get more info and see if there was any paperwork or a hang tag. He said that there wasn't as this one came through artist relations which explains a lot about the specs. When I asked specifically about the color and if it could be root beer he replied "the original request was "trans-black", so we can safely say that is the color".
        He also clued me in to another significant spec that they missed, so who knows. That's the custom shop I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
          That's nowhere close to Jackson Trans Black. Flash pictures looked root beer to me on both of my monitors. Turn up your brightness?
          Oh, I remember a couple Marty Friedman KE-1 models that were very similar in color, plus there's this thread where the guy complained of his SL2H looking too brown.
          http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/989...ck-flamed-SL2H
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            Oh, I remember a couple Marty Friedman KE-1 models that were very similar in color, plus there's this thread where the guy complained of his SL2H looking too brown.
            http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/989...ck-flamed-SL2H
            Well, the pictures in that thread look fine to me. Just goes to show you how much variance "trans black" really has.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

That thing is awesome! Congrats!
              Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Congrats..man that Looks killer...there's Nothing that plays Like a CS Jackson..

Comment

Based on the 12th fret dot spacing...that is not a Jackson neck...

Comment

Well, the pictures in that thread look fine to me. Just goes to show you how much variance "trans black" really has.

Any chance that this could be "blackwater trans"? Here is an example.

Comment

Is that what they're calling it these days; Blackwater Trans?
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                      X