Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool one, congrats.

Comment

Very cool! I wish Soloists knobs were placed like that...

Comment

It was the sting through that got me interested in this one. I have never seen a Strat with string through, a few Dinkys but never a Strat.
        Do you think this might be the only strat body/head string through made?
        So far I am loving it, here is some more pron.

Comment

Oh...

Oh my...

Almost there...

Ooooarurrf!

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              Root beer? Looks trans black with a blackburst edge, to me. It's pretty awesome!
              No, it looks like a root beer burst. Trans black doesn't have specific color like that.

Originally posted by Catharpin View Post
              It was the sting through that got me interested in this one. I have never seen a Strat with string through, a few Dinkys but never a Strat.
              Do you think this might be the only strat body/head string through made?
              Beautiful guitar! But no. There was one owned by a guitarist for Dying Fetus or Misery Index... I forget which one...

I've had this picture on my computer since 2002:
              Last edited by xenophobe; 02-27-2016, 01:03 PM.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I just wish they'd shit or get off the pot when it comes to stratheads - either accept them for customer orders, or don't, but the current situation of dribs and drabs is just mental.
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I figured there had to be more of them out there but not many.

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                  I just wish they'd shit or get off the pot when it comes to stratheads - either accept them for customer orders, or don't, but the current situation of dribs and drabs is just mental.
                  The guy they made it for has friends at Jackson and is in the industry so that probably helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Catharpin View Post
                    The guy they made it for has friends at Jackson and is in the industry so that probably helps.
                    Yeah, you need to pull off a little feat to get something really unique from Jackson. That thing is awesome. I'm glad you have a Strathead that isn't a PC or AS model! Grats!

Comment

Any fixed bridge on a Jackson Strat is rare. That Betty Boop one had a hardtail bridge. I've seen maybe one pointy with a TOM that I recall.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                        Yeah, you need to pull off a little feat to get something really unique from Jackson. That thing is awesome. I'm glad you have a Strathead that isn't a PC or AS model! Grats!
                        Thanks, I think yours is cooler but I am very happy to have come across this one. I was on the lookout for a USA bolt on since I didn't have one and this popped up. I can't believe no one else snatched it up, did they not know what it was? Now that I have it, it's a keeper.

As far as the dribs and drabs go I understand the frustration but I think it's fun and adds to the mystique. There are gems like this one out there for the finding and the hunt/chase is part of the fun. You make friends and learn things along the way. A score like this brings me more satisfaction than just the guitar, but that's me.

Comment

Yeah, I completely understand... You got a great rare one! I think it's awesome! I like that it has the new heel adjust too!

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                            No, it looks like a root beer burst. Trans black doesn't have specific color like that.
                            Rootbeer is more reddish brown. Trans black can look anywhere from a grayish to brownish, as I've seen many Carvins and a few Jacksons look like that. Still looks like a trans black to me.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

He said trans black, it's much more on the brown end of that. Definitely no reddishness in it. I am seeing if I can get the hang tag or order sheet.
                              Do you think I should refin it to purple?

Comment

I'd leave it exactly like it is!
                                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X