Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soloist or Fusion ?

Hi guys !

I have 2 MIJ Jacksons : one King V Pro (1997) and one JJ4 (2001).

I'm looking to upgrade for a US model and I've been in touch with this guy concerning a trade + money between his guitar and my JJ4.

http://www.leboncoin.fr/instruments_.../929043204.htm

Only problem, the guy says his guitar is a 2008 soloist....when really it looks like a 90's Fusion maybe (Jackson pickups, seems like a bolt on neck etc...).

Some of you can confirm and enlighten me on specs and qualities about this axe ?

Thanks !

A Soloist would be neck-thru and the Fusion is a short-scale bolt-on. A Dinky would be a standard 25.5" scale bolt-on.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks ! I'll ask him what he got !

Comment

Looks like a Fusion with that mini toggle switch for the wah sweep effect.

Comment

Looks like a fusion to me.
          you can barely see the bolt on area at the heal.
          frets are close, short scale. Looks like one of my fusions.
          >^v^<

Comment

Yes, it's Fusion. Dinky doesn't have such "cut" on lower horn and AFAIK they were not shipped with onboard active electronics. You could ask for serial number, AFAIK those were built from 1990 to 1992, something like 1200 units. I have one from -90, it plays like a dream. Extremely easy and fast with 10-42 strings, sound is great and sustain is incredible. Heel doesn't really bother as it's recessed and the neck overall is quite thin. Other than being shorter scale it's quite standard for Jackson from that era, meaning basswood body, maple neck with bound ebony fingerboard and MOP sharkfin inlays and logo.

Comment

Originally posted by MSH View Post
              Yes, it's Fusion. Dinky doesn't have such "cut" on lower horn and AFAIK they were not shipped with onboard active electronics.
              I agree that this one is a fusion, but what you said isn't quite accurate. Some of the dinkys from that era did have the cut out on the lower horn, and they did have onboard electronics. But the dinkys had a JE1200 (which had no toggle) and the fusions had a JE1500 (which had a toggle).

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
                I agree that this one is a fusion, but what you said isn't quite accurate. Some of the dinkys from that era did have the cut out on the lower horn, and they did have onboard electronics. But the dinkys had a JE1200 (which had no toggle) and the fusions had a JE1500 (which had a toggle).
                Yep, there's plenty of Dinkies with the lower horn scallop, and at least one Fusion without it.

Comment

Working...
                X