Help me find a new Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me find a new Jackson

Hey guys, I own a '97 RR1 and absulety love the feel of the neck and over all guitar feel. It's my #1
    i want to get another guitar with the same or very close neck shape and feel for a lower tuning
    I doubt I'll be able to afford another USA made Jackson ( got mine very cheap used and had to put some lovin into it )

Are the new pro series or older MIJ guitars any thing to be interested in?..
    I'm manly looking for
    -king v, RR, Kelly shape (leaning more toward King V )
    -set neck /neck thru construction
    -string thru body

Please let me know what any suggestions.. looking for something that has a closer quality feel

Thanks, cheers!

That's a tall order. Look at Pre 96 MIJ for best neck thru, but not sure if you are going to find string thru.
    Maybe RR24? Market for RR1 is pretty soft right now, seen them going around $1K. Picked up 2 of them last year for less than that.

Comment

I just wasn't sure on the build quality on MIJ or pro series guitars, I forgot about te RR24's though

Comment

RR24 are really really good. putting a brass block on them makes them magic.

on a good day you can get one for $400. also avoid the RR24LE, I had one and it had a different neck profile than the rest of the RR24 and RR1.

Comment

1992-94 MIJ Pro's are VERY close, in play ability, to the USA's. RR24's are a little easier to get a hold of. Here is a good example of the MIJ rr's from 1992.
          Too bad it is sold.

Comment

Ahh, I found another if your still looking. This one looks pristine, I would love to get a hold of it. https://reverb.com/item/1771243-jack...1992-mij-japan

Comment

Awesome! That's exactly what I'm looking for.. thanks man!

Comment

Working...
              X