No announcement yet.

NGD: '98 Jackson DK1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the purple quilt, but the blue takes the cake. Both fantastic instruments. I am trying to find one for myself as we speak.

Comment

Very nice. Congrats! Reverb.com is a great place. Not as much as eBay (yet) but you can find good deals.

Comment

Thank you, Matt. I agree; Reverb is a great site and I generally prefer to go there for anything guitar related as opposed to eBay. In my opinion, there's less...well...dumbasses on Reverb and a lot less hassle if you're a seller. I use eBay all the time, but the majority of any of my guitar purchases for the past year or so have all been on Reverb.

Comment

Beautiful axe, apopsis. The gold hardware works great with that trans purple.

Originally posted by ps43203 View Post
          I love the purple quilt, but the blue takes the cake. Both fantastic instruments. I am trying to find one for myself as we speak.
          I have a thing for trans blue with gold hardware. I normally prefer black HW, but the combination of the dark ebony board, gold HW, and trans blue is just a classy axe. Hopefully you can find one for yourself soon, brother.

Comment

Originally posted by DRM View Post
            Thank you, Matt. I agree; Reverb is a great site and I generally prefer to go there for anything guitar related as opposed to eBay. In my opinion, there's less...well...dumbasses on Reverb and a lot less hassle if you're a seller. I use eBay all the time, but the majority of any of my guitar purchases for the past year or so have all been on Reverb.
            Maybe, I guess, mostly looks like the same overpriced roughed-up shit to me.

This asshole:

https://reverb.com/item/1383936-jack...ky-80s-granite

...sold this overpriced guitar to this asshole:

https://reverb.com/item/1755794-jack...ky-80s-granite

...who turned around and marked it up some more!

I bought one of those for like $700 a few years ago on the bay.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
              Maybe, I guess, mostly looks like the same overpriced roughed-up shit to me.

This asshole:

https://reverb.com/item/1383936-jack...ky-80s-granite

...sold this overpriced guitar to this asshole:

https://reverb.com/item/1755794-jack...ky-80s-granite

...who turned around and marked it up some more!

I bought one of those for like $700 a few years ago on the bay.
              They are in Japan, shit costs more there.

Comment

SO when are you going to post more pictures? I want to kick myself some more for not grabbing this.

Comment

Nice! Blue is my favorite color on those.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Catharpin View Post
                    SO when are you going to post more pictures? I want to kick myself some more for not grabbing this.
                    Well, I was going to hold off until I get the Quarter Pounder dropped in, but since you asked so nicely...

Plays like a dream, and there are no dead spots or choking on bends anywhere.

I'm still conflicted on whether to get a black of zebra Duncan Custom. I'm really leaning toward zebra.

Comment

And yes, that's a multicam woobie.

Comment

Wow, love it!

Comment

Your guitar is so mint, DRM.
                          If I am not mistaken, I saw it on ebay few weeks ago. It was really good deal to buy this Dinky!

Comment

Great score! I was watching that one as well. I used to own 2 of those. One in red and one in tobacco burst. Maybe the best neck Jackson ever made IMHO. I LOVe the fact these models were 22 fret Dinkies. I HATE 24 fret necks so these models are perfect players for me.
                            Good score!
                            John 3:16

Comment

Originally posted by apopsis View Post
                              Congratulations!
                              I have pretty the same, but colored in purple and made in '96. Killer sounding guitar, love it very much.
                              That's my baby:

Hi guys,
                              I want to change middle and neck pickups in my beauty.Now she is loaded with neck Seymour Duncan SHR-1N and middle Dimarzio Fast Track 1.
                              I'm going to make it as "in stock" with Seymour Duncan STK1 but in general want to get true single coil sound and make it closer to strat in neck/middle position.

I have another Jackson USA Dinky loaded with Jackson j-100 and it sounds quite good, pretty close to sound which I'm looking for. But I can't find any Jackson single coil items on sale in my country.
                              Do you have any suggestions which pickups I should try?

Comment

I've never been much for traditional single coils, so I'm sure the other members will be able to help you out if you're seeking a specific type of strat-ish tone.

But I went with the Quarter Pound because of how much meatier it sounds compared to, say, the stock Duncan or the noiseless pups in American strats. The 1/4lb has a more pronounced low end that's full and round, but still retains the single coil clarity and upper-mid bite. Output wise, it'll be less hot than the Hot Rail (shouldn't be a surprise), but you'll notice a lot more clarity and almost like a spike in the midrange. I really love them, and if I'm going single coil, it's my current favorite choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X