Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone offer information about this serial number?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone offer information about this serial number?

I have an opportunity to purchase a RR1 Concorde serial # LTD078. Yes for real. I can post pictures if anyone is interested in seeing it. I can't find any information on it. Is there anyone who can identify the year and manufacturing plant? I am, of course hoping for 1982-1983 San Demas, but want confirmation. I am also interested in it's market value. Ballpark. This guitar is extremely clean. No dents, knicks, scratches. It was collected and stored. Anyone know how to find out about this guitar?

That is part of the Limited Edition Run from 1992 when Jackson approximated Randy's Concorde Rhoads, the first one they made for him. It's not a San Dimas, but made in the Ontario plant in 1992. They are extremely sought after and can fetch 4 to 5 K all day long.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Yeah, that's not an RR1, that's a 1992 LTD. If you have an opportunity to buy that guitar for anywhere near what an RR1 goes for, RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN !!!!!!!!!! and buy that thing.

Comment

V-trem or Floyd??

Comment

The tremolo is a body mount fender.

Comment

And sometimes you can tell by the serial what trem it had, the Schaller/Floyds were usually stamped "LTS" for locking tremolo system.
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Thanks. That's what I was looking for. I have not got the price out of the seller yet. This one was purchased at namm in the nineties, so that makes perfect sense.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I just loaded a couple more pictures for an overall look as soon as moderators approve them. Thanks for the feedback. How high in price should I be willing to go if this guitar is pristine?

Comment

The vintage trems LTD's are more rare than the Floyd models. I thought most of the vintage trem LTD's had "VTS" after the serial number ???..........hmmmm, inconsistent Jackson was.

Anything under $3K would be a decent deal. Anything under $2K would be a steal.

Comment

There was one that sold in my area with a Floyd Trem for $2500 not to long ago, he was asking for more but that's what it ended up selling for. I was trying to get it for a little less as it had been for sale for quite awhile and had the deal done but before I could get there to pay for it someone else snagged it.

Comment

I love everything about that guitar except the tiny frets....

Comment

The fret access looks horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamolaci View Post
                              The fret access looks horrible.

Didn't bother Rhoads at all.

And I wouldn't call that "pristine". I see plating on the pickup ring and volume knob worn off. That means you'll want to look at the fret wear.
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X