Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for SL2HT

Hey everyone.
    I just missed one of these on eBay so I'm on the hunt. I didn't realize how scarce they were. I was thinking of going the CS select route but that's going to drive up the price considerably. Anyone have a lead on one? Not sure the colors that they were offered in, but from what I've seen trans black would be my first choice.

Thanks.
    Heath

Awesome guitar your after there my friend. I have a SL3 that I really don't play anymore. It just sits in it's case. It's really not what your looking for as it's a SL3 2006 model years and it's Trans Red with Black Hardware in perfect condition.
    Good luck finding the Sl2H, it's a monster of a guitar. I should have picked one of those up back in 2006.

Comment

I thought there was a classified section for WTB ads?

Can you just block the trem? I did that on a Kelly I wanted fixed.

My two fixed bridge C/J guitars are an AT Pro and a 750XL, both of which are arch tops and use different woods than my SL2H.

Comment

I didn't want to post in the classified section cause I guess I was looking for info on the custom shop select program too if I have to go down that route. I've heard mixed results on the new guitars coming out of the shop lately.
        Heath

Comment

The SL2HT is my favorite Jackson as I don't play a tremolo. They are indeed much, much, much, much less common in the used market than the SL2H. I was many months locating one online in my price range. Got one for $1400 Canadian about 2 years ago.

There was a 2015 model in Ontario Canada up until a week ago for $1600 (about $1200 USD). Black, mint, all paperwork. Another month and I'd have snagged it and sold my 2008 model for a price that would've been hard to resist.

I'll keep an eye out for you.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Visit Kijiji Classifieds to buy, sell, or trade almost anything! New and used items, cars, real estate, jobs, services, vacation rentals, and more virtually anywhere in Canada.
            I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Think that was mine you missed out on.

Comment

Originally posted by H8Red442 View Post
                Think that was mine you missed out on.
                The trans black one on eBay?
                Heath

Comment

I live a two hour drive from this guitar. I tried to buy it at least 4 times in the last 3+ years. Even made the 2 hour (1 way) trip to meet him...he back out last minute.

I think the guys' wife wants him to sell, but he chases away all interested buyers. He's a real piece of work. By far the biggest asshole I've ever dealt with while trying to buy a guitar. Talk of 'Custom Shop' and it being a late-'90's model (they became a production model around 2004 to my understanding).

Please, treat yourself to his bullshit if you're up for an experience. Though, it's highly doubtful he'll respond once he knows you're out of country.
                  96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I'm not familiar with this site. Is it legit?
                    Heath

Comment

Canadian classifieds. Comparable to Craigslist.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                        I live a two hour drive from this guitar. I tried to buy it at least 4 times in the last 3+ years. Even made the 2 hour (1 way) trip to meet him...he back out last minute.

I think the guys' wife wants him to sell, but he chases away all interested buyers. He's a real piece of work. By far the biggest asshole I've ever dealt with while trying to buy a guitar. Talk of 'Custom Shop' and it being a late-'90's model (they became a production model around 2004 to my understanding).

Please, treat yourself to his bullshit if you're up for an experience. Though, it's highly doubtful he'll respond once he knows you're out of country.
                        Bummer. I guess I keep searching. Or go the CS select route. I've just heard such horror stories of the CS shop lately.
                        Heath

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                          Canadian classifieds. Comparable to Craigslist.
                          Ahh. Ok.
                          Heath

Comment

Forgot about this one in the classified section.

Comment

Yessir.

Not sure of your price range but if you're willing to shell out for new, check CMCguitars.com. I've dealt with Steve a few times good dude with a great selection. He has a transblack SL2HT in stock right now.

This is a Jackson USA Custom Shop SL2HT Soloist Transparent Black Guitar. Features include Neck-thru body, Seymour Duncan Pickups, & Floyd Rose Trem. Buy one today!

IF the price is a little high, email him and see if he'll deal.

Good luck in your search

Comment

Working...
                              X