No announcement yet.

New PC1 Incoming. Did I make a mistake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, for sure. The "color" was very annoying for me. When I was using that guitar all the time I played pretty much straight into the amp - no reverb nothing. I could always hear that something wasn't "right". I switched bridge pickups 3 or 4 times - it was still there. So when the board died, I decided to bypass all that stuff. I rewired the guitar as a HS - I have a dummy pickup in the middle spot - to a 3-way switch and a single volume. The other knobs and switches are still there, they just don't work. The PC-1 went from that "oddball" guitar to the most glorious sounding instrument I had at the time.

I still have it, but after 10 years of gigging it has seen better days. Today it sits in a case resting. One day it might come back out, but I have pretty much gone "vintage" these days - no more Floyds - so it won't be anytime soon....
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I think a non-sustainer PC1 run would be a no-brainer success for Jackson. Maybe just H-S, and a couple of special distinguishing features (matching headstock, natural binding, special trans finish). I'd buy one.

Oh, and congrats on the new PC1.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
        I think a non-sustainer PC1 run would be a no-brainer success for Jackson. Maybe just H-S, and a couple of special distinguishing features (matching headstock, natural binding, special trans finish). I'd buy one.

Oh, and congrats on the new PC1.

Sounds like if you pulled the board unused you'd capture a good chunk of the cost of the PC1 by selling it to someone who has a burned out one. Not custom, but cheaper than it would have been by a good bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
          Sounds like if you pulled the board unused you'd capture a good chunk of the cost of the PC1 by selling it to someone who has a burned out one. Not custom, but cheaper than it would have been by a good bit.
          The boards go for around $200-$300 when they do pop up. I buy them every chance I can so I can have spares around.
          Stay away from Rev B boards. Those things have issues.
          I've seen the full setup (board, pots, switches, pickups, etc) pop up once... that whole thing went for $500.
          Jackson slaps a $900 upcharge on CS guitars if you want the sustainer.
          -Rick

Comment

Right, and sounds like Vass may be assuming full custom shop pricing. I'm thinking more dealer limited run, which would be closer to custom select pricing, as long as the specs were kept reasonable. Then again, possible long-shot. Jackson might deny it altogether for some silly reason.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
              That would be one of my top 5 dream guitars...

Comment

Working...
              X