Visual Queues - SL2H-MAH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visual Queues - SL2H-MAH

Guys - what are some key things I should look for visually to differentiate a SL2H trans top from a SL2H-MAH(QM/FM)?

Been searching on here but everything points to the tone but rather than visual queues. Asking as I'm buying a guitar online and wanted to confirm the guitar is a SL2H-MAH and not a trans finish SL2H which I've got a ton of.

Thanks,
    -dj

The wood grain pattern is very different for mahogany vs maple/alder combo. Plus, the maple neck will typically appear lighter in color than the alder body wings. The two woods take to trans finishes differently.

Comment

Awesome thanks

Comment

Also I believe the MAH has a much thicker maple top than regular Select - but it might be difficult to confirm due to body contours and dark coloured edges. Perhaps you could check pickup or trem cavities to see if the top has any thickness to it

Comment

I have a natural mahogany body and hell i love it !! I see the mahogany sl2h series are better made or perhaps its just pure luck that i picked up this thats made well enough... means no buzz when neck is near straight... the frets were installed nearly all levelled, no E string slips off the board... i am trying to get another mahogany sl2h sooner as i hope it will play as well as what my current one is or even better...and yes my natural mahogany has a 1/8" thick maple cap... i have no idea if they offer 1/8" on a alder maple version but i recall reading somewhere its only maple venner..

Comment

Working...
          X