NGD Soloist flamed maple, flamed maple, flamed maple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD Soloist flamed maple, flamed maple, flamed maple

This is an 1987 Soloist with some rather unusual specs.
    Flamed maple neck and flamed maple wings. Weird H/S configuration with 2 volume and 1 tone.
    I had never seen anything like it so I figured that was a good reason to buy it.

Nice one!
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

AWESOME! Must have been why you asked about an all-maple guitar in this previous post: http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/151...-maple-soloist

Comment

Nice - saw this on eBay and was tempted as I wanted to change quite a bit of it.

Enjoy!!

Comment

Cool guitar. Must be HEAVY and I don't mean sound wise.

I don't know Kahlers that well, but is it normal for the saddles to be all canted off to the right when looking at the bridge end? Maybe it's just optical illusion.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

That's really cool! Congrats!

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
            I don't know Kahlers that well, but is it normal for the saddles to be all canted off to the right when looking at the bridge end? Maybe it's just optical illusion.
            Perhaps the bridge isn't totally centered..? It's great that Kahler trems offer that kind of adjustment though, essentially making it a non-issue?!
            https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Wow! Congrats! Looks stunning! Love the flame!

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                Cool guitar. Must be HEAVY and I don't mean sound wise.

I think it's the picture angle accentuating the need for a bit of adjustment. Looking straight on it looks pretty good but the strings are shifted down a bit. Perhaps the previous owner liked a little extra meat on the low E side or wanted his high E side closer to the edge of the fretboard?
                I am definitely going to make some adjustments to get it all centered. This is only my 2nd Kahler and the 1st one I never touched, so I have a bit of a learning curve but I am excited to figure it out.
                The Kahler looks centered on the neck, it's easy to see where the neck is and like Anders said even if it is off a bit the bridge can compensate.
                The pickup also needs adjusting. It is flush with the ring ~1/2" from the stings, maybe they weren't real big on adjustments?

Comment

Nice one!
                  I've seen one other Jackson with that weird H/S configuration and, as I recall it, it was pretty much the same color with just the old PC-1 pseudo-strat (ballsack) headstock. I think someone here might own it.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Unusual but really cool! Solid maple does have a very cool tone -- hopefully yours isn't ridiculously heavy!

Comment

Kahler saddles can be adjusted side to side. In the pic, they look too far to the right.

Comment

Very cool. Looks more like HS instead of H-S pup layout.

Comment

Are my eyes deceiving me or is that a true neck-thru construction?
                          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                            Are my eyes deceiving me or is that a true neck-thru construction?
                            No, you see it right.
                            Any painted soloist would look similar if it were just cleared. minus all the flame.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                              Nice one!
                              I've seen one other Jackson with that weird H/S configuration and, as I recall it, it was pretty much the same color with just the old PC-1 pseudo-strat (ballsack) headstock. I think someone here might own it.
                              I know that dude! He might've even ordered it that way. It's more of a honey burst finish, though.

Cool Soloist, BTW. Dots and binding, yum.

Comment

Working...
                              X