No announcement yet.

NGD Soloist flamed maple, flamed maple, flamed maple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah, only an idiot would have ordered a guitar that way, and I know Pat and he's (probably) not an idiot. More like a strange interpretation of the specs he really wanted...

Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Close enough to what I remembered!
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
        and I know Pat and he's (probably) not an idiot
        You would (probably) be wrong about that - I am an idiot.

Comment

What I wonder -- looks aside (flamed maple wings - what's not to like?) how does it SOUND?

So many USA soloists (not custom shop) share similar if not identical specs -- they all sound very similar.

I suspect yours is going to be brighter sounding than Alder? I bet a Dimarzio Super 3 in the bridge is going to be a good match...it's a 'Dark' pickup

I guess a Kahler is going to sound different than OFR?

PM me if you want to try out a Super 3...

anyway nice score!

Comment

Originally posted by Catharpin View Post
            No, you see it right.
            Any painted soloist would look similar if it were just cleared. minus all the flame.
            So only the clear 'topped' (flame/quilts) have a "Half neck" NT construction? (IOW: not "wings glued on body, but a "body glued on neck" where the neck is half the thickness where it's joined with the body... if I'm making myself clear)
            "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

All of my Soloists have been 'half-NT', including opaque finished. My newest SL2H (black) has a join you can actually feel ��

Comment

They used to make them like that now there all made more like a set neck construction regardless of finish. I'm sure you can still get a custom made that way but you would have to spec it and pay the upcharge. Sweet looking guitar, congrats

Comment

Swapped the Kahler to a period correct fixed bridge. Super easy and it plays much better. Sounds different from any of my other soloists.
                  It had some wiring/pot issues so I gutted it, replaced and rewired everything except the humbucker. I really like this one, it's so unique.

Comment

I almost bought that one, I'm even more jealous now!

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                      I know that dude! He might've even ordered it that way. It's more of a honey burst finish, though.

Cool Soloist, BTW. Dots and binding, yum.
                      Immediately flashed back to your guitar when I saw Catharpin's new Soloist. Still love that one
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Catharpin View Post
                        Swapped the Kahler to a period correct fixed bridge. Super easy and it plays much better. Sounds different from any of my other soloists.
                        It had some wiring/pot issues so I gutted it, replaced and rewired everything except the humbucker. I really like this one, it's so unique.

oh, I forgot say - congrats. It's a beautiful axe.
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                        X