NGD RR3 Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD RR3 Pro

Here is my new Indonesian Pro series next to my USA. I have to say, these Indonesian luthiers are top notch. I was really hard pressed to pull the trigger on something from Indo for over a grand, but this guitar speaks and plays for itself. I played it side by side with a USA select SL1, and I couldn't tell a difference in feel. My RR2 has it beat in the neck, but this guitar is quality. I also bought my 11 year old a JS22 today for $180. I CANNOT believe how excellent of a guitar it is. We had an early Christmas, because we're out for a wedding. Anyway, back when I was a kid, I couldn't get anything close to the quality of the JS22, which comes from China. It feels less in hand, but for the price, it's an amazing player. I also bought him a Blackstar ID Core 10. For $300, he's got a rocking package. Hell, back in my day, it was Hondos and Fender Frontmen.

Anyway, I rarely see reviews for the latest Pro series. Maybe people are afraid of getting less for more since Jackson moved away from Japan, but I'll be honest, this RR3 plays a lot nicer than any MIJ Jackson I've ever owned, and I've owned many.

Very nice!
    Love the gunmetal gray RR2, also. What pickups did you put in there?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I've heard mostly good things about the post-Japan Pro series. It doesn't matter where a guitar is made a dud is gonna' get through occasionally, especially when you consider the number of imports that are made a year.

I expect a lot of people are buying used USA models in the $1000 range instead of paying for a new $1000+ import. Import prices keep going up along with everything else, but used guitar prices just keep getting better it seems.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Nice dude! I have a couple USA Rhoads and a Pro from Indonesia that I find pretty awesome as well.

Comment

Working...
        X