Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any news for 2017 shannon build limited run ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any news for 2017 shannon build limited run ?

Guys since i missed the 30th anniversary shannon build.... am wondering if jackson will be launching another special soloist shannon limited ?

Let's hope!

If there are others that I find, I'm sure I will try to capture it here: http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/151...ist-any-others

Comment

I just heard off from music zoo blog that Mike shannon wi be building off a limited Mick thompson signature soloist ? Any details on when will it be starting ? And any specs ? But from what i found and saw it seems to be a Sl2H with reverse headstock with some kinda active pickup?

Comment

Mick's Soloist from what I heard will be a SL2 with his signature seymore duncan blackouts, hard mounted floyd rose, neck shape matching is 80's/90s??? soloist that ordered new. Comes in a travel case and other case candy. They are only building 15 of them. That's about all I have been able to piece together about them.

Comment

There's a video of the MT Soloist from Andertons I think.

It's basically an SL2H with rev head and black binding on the fingerboard and round the body. It has custom control layout, 3 piece neck with the profile off his 87 KV, no face inlays on the fingerboard but block inlays on the side (stretching from one fret to the next), and a low pro Floyd hard mounted..
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

If you're looking for a Shannon..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-Jackson...25.m3641.l6368

Comment

I'm guessing 3peice neck means no scarf joint? I like the idea of the speed neck profile on a soloist. Master built pricing? With those options.

Originally posted by neilli View Post
              There's a video of the MT Soloist from Andertons I think.

It's basically an SL2H with rev head and black binding on the fingerboard and round the body. It has custom control layout, 3 piece neck with the profile off his 87 KV, no face inlays on the fingerboard but block inlays on the side (stretching from one fret to the next), and a low pro Floyd hard mounted..

Comment

Yeah - and no body fillet either i.e. the centre section is 3 pieces of wood from the tip of the head to the end of the body, and then they add the body wings and tips of the headstock. I think the MT lists at 6k.

Oh, and it has carbon fibre reinforcement too.

Comment

Ouch... that fixed mounted floyd is a big No! It be better off with TOM....

Comment

That's the way Mick likes it though.

Comment

Working...
                    X