Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: 1990 USA Fusion!

Hey there JCF'ers,

This is my first post on the lovely forum so I thought I'd share the new guitar I stumbled upon. I somehow discovered this little beauty on Halloween through Craigslist and drove down to go meet the girl who was selling it. Apparently, it belonged to a friend of hers who moved back to the UK and left the guitar for her to sell. Judging by the state of the strings and dirty frets, it looked like the guitar hadn't been played in years(maybe even decades...)Luckily everything was completely stock and still had the trem arm for the Schaller, alas no case.

Needless to say, I was excited to clean and set her up! After some conditioning and polishing, I swapped out the insert blocks, nut locking screws, and the tremolo arm for some new ones that I generally tend to prefer. Also moved the volume knob over to the hole where the mid boost Q knob was located, since I always hit the volume knob with my picking hand. The mid boost is a cool little feature that helps make the single coils a little more "quacky" for some more strat style tones. Anyways enough chat, let's get to the photos of the guitar now that she's all purrty!

Scoring this one definitely makes me want more USA Jackson's because they really do play and feel as good as I had hoped!

Very nice. Good score.
    >^v^<

Comment

nice find. Great finish. Congrats on the new guitar.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Wow, that was a closet classic and in great condition! Excellent cleaning job too. I love a good rescue story. Congratulations, and welcome to the forum!

Comment

Sweet dude! Congrats

Comment

Nice find ! Stuff like that sure has dried up over the past 5 years or so. Ebay used to be full of cool older USA Jacksons but not anymore. My local Craigslist rarely has a USA Jackson listed and when it does, it's a fairly new model priced at full new retail. You know, I have not bought a USA Jackson in several years now, just don't ever find anything cool.

Comment

Awesome! Congrats.

Comment

I'd be on a serious quest for a USA Fusion if they had a TOM bridge. I'm allergic to Floyds.
                96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

That's an awesome score- congrats!

Comment

Woo!

Comment

Great score and nice work getting her looking right. Actually, the frets look pretty good--little wear and
                      well crowned. Once you got all the gunk off them, Bob's your uncle.
                      Well done!

Comment

I love the USA Fusion's, so easy to play. The Gibson scale/Dinky combo was so sweet. I don't get why they don't make these anymore. I have 2 of them,(pro's),and are my best players. The also have a warmer tone than 25.5 due to scale pup location. Great recipe.

Comment

Absolutely! In fact, the Fusion gives me better clean tones than my American Elite stratocaster haha.

Comment

Wow,nice snag!!
                            Congrats and enjoy.

Comment

That fretboard was DYING for some TLC!

Nice score!!
                              '95 Charvel San Dimas USA Model I Koa - BKP
                              '91 Charvel 650 Custom - EMG 85/SLV/SLV+SPC
                              '92 Jackson Soloist Pro MIJ
                              '91 Charvel 475 Exotic Cherry Sunburst - Duncan PATB set
                              '90 Charvel 475 XL
                              '10 Charvel San Dimas MIJ Style 1 2H - JB/'59
                              Mesa Boogie Quad Preamp/Stereo Simul-Class 2:90
                              Mesa Boogie MkIII+ Simul-Class & MkIVb with Mark Series stack
                              Marshall JVM410H

Comment

Working...
                              X