No announcement yet.

My 87 Yellow Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But, you've already posted 2 pics? And, they're exceptional.

You need to post on a site such as photobucket and the copy the link here. You can post the link in the square next to the red X/globe in the advanced reply section and the pic will show, or just post the link in the reply section.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I figured it out after I posted, but now I seem to be unable to delete the second post. Wish I was smarter.

Comment

Originally posted by For_The_Love_Of_Jems View Post
        The route is shallow. Almost like it is for extra pullback action on the floyd. I have concluded that the current Floyd itself is most likely not original to the guitar, and maybe would have had the shorter saddle springs originally. I added a brass big block. I do believe this came with a floyd as the nut is a floyd nut and was an original rear bolt mount. I have found a few other similar era soloists with this route. One for sale on the bay has one right now. Not certain, but seems possible that it is transitional between no route mount and fully recessed.
        Man I think it was added. There are a few clues. It's an odd size and shape compared to the factory NR pullup routes ones I've seen. I own two with that feature. Also they appeared closer to '89. The fact that it is blacked out is suggestive as well. It's odd to see a Jackson factory route blacked out, but it's commonly done to conceal rework. I've seen a few other guitars from the era modded like this. It looks pretty clean though.

Comment

Love the D..O..T..S..!
          "Hail to the Wasted".......Zinny J. Zan

Comment

Back for another look.
            Yellow and black=
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

^ hah so was I, then I got treated with its cousin!

Comment

Working...
              X