No announcement yet.

Did Jackson USA/Ontario Build This ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as I know the necks from that era Bernie 2nd era were all made in the BCR south plant. Might have diamonds but that's not a BCR headstock.

Originally posted by lepard View Post
    From inside the Jackson Custom Shop in Ontario. What do you see peaking out of the bin ?

Last edited by j2379; 02-07-2017, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Diamond inlays don't mean shit (they're way too big for a start). Those guitars also don't match any BC Rich shape I know of. That neck in the bin is a Gunslinger bolt-on and not a neck-through ST-III like the original poster was on about. One neck sitting in a bin. We're getting into the realms of fantasy.
      Last edited by Sanctuary; 02-07-2017, 01:22 AM.
      The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuary View Post
        Diamond inlays don't mean shit (they're way too big for a start). Those guitars also don't match any BC Rich shape I know of. That neck in the bin is a Gunslinger bolt-on and not a neck-through ST-III like the original poster was on about. One neck sitting in a bin. We're getting into the realms of fantasy.
        Don't know who you are but this is an established fact and others have posted pics over the years with a bin full of BC Rich necks. Is there a reason you're acting like a dick in this thread ?

Comment

And here are the supposedly missing file cabinets that Fender keeps lying about, full of the Custom Shop records:

What I wouldn't give to turned loose in that room with all that H..I..S..T..O..R..Y.
          "Hail to the Wasted".......Zinny J. Zan

Comment

Not an established fact. Like myself he is also primarily a BCR collector. BCR prior to 1989 didnt outsource the USA production with the exception of the early ones I had mentioned. they were making so many bolt on parts when Class Axe took over the got pallets of left overs, so much so Class Axe didn't even have a wood shop for the first 2-2 1/2 years. Now the 2nd Bernie era 1994, who knows. BCR never had a wood shop during that period and only recently started making their own stuff again.

Don't know who you are but this is an established fact and others have posted pics over the years with a bin full of BC Rich necks. Is there a reason you're acting like a dick in this thread ?

Comment

Yes those were the early ones. The BCRichs made by Charvel MFG and grover are actually some of the earliest production a c/j s as that era would still be considered pre pro.

Lepard, they do have a rep for having issue with warping and useless truss rods having owned a few they play and feel like a pre pro charvel w a funny body shape. They even used the same brass terms and brass neck plates as the charvels.

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
              According to http://www.premierguitar.com/article...ds-famous-vs-1, Grover and Bernie were friends. It might not be hard to imagine Grover building for Bernie. Just look at this quote, where Grover actually MADE guitars for Bernie.

Comment

So if GM has a Porsche in their design studio that means they built them too right? Your logic is flawed mate. I really couldn't care about the bolt-on stuff to be honest. But the early neck-through stuff, let's just say that's fully set in stone.

Comment

I think a better analogy would be to see Porsche parts on the assembly line in a GM factory. In that case, yeah, GM made them.

I have no BC Rich expertise, especially whatever happened in the early days. But there has been pretty clear evidence of J/C occasionally building stuff for BC at times through the years. Not much, and not often, but it did happen at times.

Comment

Diamond inlays don't mean shit (they're way too big for a start).
                    Oh really ??? Can you explain how they match exactly this USA Warlock of mine ?

Comment

Oh really ??? Can you explain how they match exactly this USA Warlock of mine ?
                      Not talking about modern stuff mate.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                        I think a better analogy would be to see Porsche parts on the assembly line in a GM factory. In that case, yeah, GM made them.

I have no BC Rich expertise, especially whatever happened in the early days. But there has been pretty clear evidence of J/C occasionally building stuff for BC at times through the years. Not much, and not often, but it did happen at times.
                        Certainly not the ST III in question here.

Comment

Not talking about modern stuff mate.
                          That guitar was made in 1999, signed a matter of weeks before Bernie Rico Sr. died. The picture I posted from inside the Jackson USA Custom Shop was 2001. But like I said, I have no idea what brand those guitars were. I sent an email to Neal Moser to see if he could clear this stuff up.

Comment

Your warlock blank was made in Mexico by the same "secret" factory that made the early ones. 2nd era Rico stuff post 1994 was all made there. When HHI took over they realized they couldn't actually call them USA handmades and started outsourcing the blanks to voodoo, Watkins and a couple of other shops. As far as I know Jackson did not build BC Rich part or blanks. Unless Jackson changed how they did the truss rod routes, & electronics routes specifically for BCR outsourced part, I don't think they were making them. Granted after 1994 BCR didn't build anything themselves and Bernie SR and JR NEVER made a single guitar.

Comment

Yeah, I always figured my Warlock body/neck/woodwork was done by BC Rich "South".

Comment

That's, a good thing. They were much better than the other places that HHI/Praxis outsourced to. Have had more than a few they were excellent

Yeah, I always figured my Warlock body/neck/woodwork was done by BC Rich "South".

Comment

Working...
                                X