NGD 1987 Jackson Strat #2729

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD 1987 Jackson Strat #2729

Been a while since I've had a Strat in the house, so I picked this up and it feels and plays great. Fairly standard options....J100 / J100 / J50B, JT6, 1 volume and 3 minis. Great color - pearl purple, and the highlight for me - an ebony board. Neck pocket date of June 17, 1987. Came with a Jackson badged case. This guitar just feels right in my hands, and with a bolt-on I do prefer the larger body. An interesting observation about the random selection of serial # plates....I owned #1797 and that was dated 5/28/87 - this guitar is almost 1000 numbers higher and is dated 19 days later....go figure.

Front Full a.jpgFront Close.jpgHdstk Front.jpgRear Full.jpgPlate.jpgNeck Pocket.jpgTrem Cavity.jpgRear Close.jpg
    "Hail to the Wasted".......Zinny J. Zan

Looks very tidy - congrats Mark!
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
      Looks very tidy - congrats Mark!
      Thanks Ian. Yeah, I'm really happy with this one....really clean, sounds great, comfortable VERY comfortable to play.

Comment

Very cool, and very clean. Congrats.

Pics look more pink than purple, though. Pink with purple pearl, maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
          Very cool, and very clean. Congrats.

Pics look more pink than purple, though. Pink with purple pearl, maybe?
          The first time I took phone pix of the guitar I was surprised too....looks more pink. But looking at it now it is definitely light purple to the eye. Pink / purple? Love both colors so I can't lose......

Comment

Nice find. I have 2 that are days apart and 500+ serial diff from 1987 so no surprise there.
            Love the ebony bonus.
            Many Strats from that time period are hidden gems. Glad you grabbed one!

Comment

Nice one!
              If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Love it! I recall seeing a similar one at JC's Guitars maybe?

Comment

Beautiful ! I like the color, much better than the standard Platinum Pink. Where do you find stuff like this ? eBay sure has dried up, no good Vintage Jackson's to be found anywhere for a reasonable price.
                  Last edited by lepard; 02-11-2017, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Awesome! Congrats.

Comment

Dang that's hot!

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                        Love it! I recall seeing a similar one at JC's Guitars maybe?
                        You got it Axe! I was on a business trip to Illinois and stopped by to say hi to Justin. Worked out a trade for a Carvin I had while there, and the rest is history LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post
                          Beautiful ! I like the color, much better than the standard Platinum Pink. Where do you find stuff like this ? eBay sure has dried up, non good Vintage Jackson's to be found anywhere for a reasonable price.
                          Lepard, this had been sitting on the JC's guitars website for maybe 2 years? When I visited the store I knew I needed another strat (been a while since I had one) so I worked out a trade deal with Justin.

Comment

Originally posted by msaint65 View Post
                            You got it Axe! I was on a business trip to Illinois and stopped by to say hi to Justin. Worked out a trade for a Carvin I had while there, and the rest is history LOL!
                            Congrats, I've drooled over that one a few times. I'm surprised he still had it. She's a beauty! He had a flame maple dinky-strat as well that ended up in my hands for a while, although I didn't buy it directly from him. Does he have any Jackson strats left?

Comment

Originally posted by msaint65 View Post
                              Lepard, this had been sitting on the JC's guitars website for maybe 2 years? When I visited the store I knew I needed another strat (been a while since I had one) so I worked out a trade deal with Justin.
                              He has a LOT of stuff that's been sitting there since I first got the internet at home in like 2001! There's this one blue rev head 2 hum dinky with colour matching pickups which I've been tempted by forever LOL
                              Popular is not the same as good
                              Rare is not the same as valuable
                              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Working...
                              X