Finding Beat Up Jackson Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding Beat Up Jackson Guitars

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section.

I'm looking to add to my Jackson collection, but I was thinking it might be worth it to find a beat up Jackson (SL2H) for somewhat cheap and send it off to get re-finished/set-up rather than ordering new from the custom shop. Anybody have suggestions to where I should look?

Guitar center used always has more beat up gear than just about everywhere else IMO

Comment

Have you checked the classifieds on this site? I haven't, so there may be nothing.

What's your price range...are you in North America?

craigslist, craigslist, craigslist

Some of the deals on there are unbeatable. You need patience, and your location can determine the number of possibilities offered.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarkid8 View Post
        Guitar center used always has more beat up gear than just about everywhere else IMO
        Yep, and almost always a Jackson or 2...

Comment

More websites where you can do "treasure hunting":

Buy & sell electronics, cars, clothes, collectibles & more on eBay, the world's online marketplace. Top brands, low prices & free shipping on many items.

In Canada, we have classifieds sites like http://www.used.ca/ and http://www.kijiji.ca/. We do have Craigslist in Canada, but Kijiji dominates.

On Facebook, there are "Buy and Sell groups" (https://www.facebook.com/salegroups/...ge_your_groups). I've heard of guys joining their local groups and finding amazing deals. I watch my local groups for cool gear, but I mostly see mothers selling household items and children's toys.

Like Mudlark said, exercise patience. But also, have cash ready, have your logistics and transportation in place, and be prepared to pounce on deals as quickly as you can. I've missed smoking hot deals because my car was in the shop so I was unable to drive across town to meet the seller, but I've also scored big simply by being lucky to be the first responder with the correct cash and being friendly/cooperative.
          Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 02-13-2017, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Priest is correct be ready to buy but only buy players and not junk.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Here's an SL2. pittsburgh.craigslist.org/msg/5987057358.html

Not mine, but it looks like it says made in USA on the headstock. I'd probably take a look at it if I didn't already have one.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, everyone! I've yet to see anything of quality on Craigslist near me, but I'll keep an eye out. Good call on Guitar Center and other sites.

Comment

Pawn shops and patience. I bought a USA Jackson Kelly Marty Friedman number 53 (i believe) of 100, last year in brand new condition for $700. Ive bought around 15 guitars in the past year at pawn shops. Ive passed on some incredible deals too because I didnt have the funds. It isnt a be all end all but it is another great avenue to check plus while your in there you may find something else that peaks your interest. I went into one looking for a Gibson studio and walked out with a USA fender strat for $313.00

Comment

Decent price on this one assuming it isn't too far gone.

Comment

Looks to be missing its blade switch, which is puzzling.

Comment

Working...
                      X