Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

15 Year Jackson USA Mystery Guitars NOW SOLVED !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 Year Jackson USA Mystery Guitars NOW SOLVED !!!

Been doing some digging trying to figure just what the heck Jackson USA was building in 2002 in this picture. This one has been debated for 15 years now. The big diamond BC Rich inlays are especially confusing. Now after getting with Lee Garver and Tim Wilson(I'm guessing), I can tell you what these things are:

The Sweetone guitars in the back of the pic were the brainchild of Donnie Wade, head of AMIC in Ft. Worth that owned Jackson at the time. Lee got with someone who I'm assuming is Tim Wilson since Tim ran the shop in 2002(Mike Shannon was gone) and this is what he reported back to me:

"The other models in the front bin labeled RR1 with the large diamond inlays were also a special run of Jacksons that Donnie commissioned to be built as well. So none of those guitars shown in your photo had any relation to BC Rich. They were all ordered by Donnie. The fact the front batch used a large diamond inlay is purely coincidental to the fact BC Rich also used diamond inlays."
    Last edited by lepard; 03-05-2017, 11:01 AM.

Nice! So how come we've never seen pics of these completed Jacksons with those inlays?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      Nice! So how come we've never seen pics of these completed Jacksons with those inlays?
      Exactly ! I guess only Donnie Wade knows what happened to them.

Comment

Case closed.
        If those guitars ever saw the public surely one will eventually show up.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Well, Donnie Fuckin' Wade was a little shady and not very well liked...

Comment

Wouldn't listen, would you...
            The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

So either band sawed or ended up as a "favor" for another builder. Yes I know what he said but it's one of 3 options : bandsaw, ghostbuilt, or hidden.

The second is denied by a guy who should know, the final seems exceedingly unlikely.... so most likely....

Comment

They've also got different headstocks compared to the SweeTones. Looks almost like an R shape if you zoom in on them.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  They've also got different headstocks compared to the SweeTones. Looks almost like an R shape if you zoom in on them.
                  I can think of one person who was known to make his headstocks suggest an "R" shape..... he lived
                  in an oasis in the desert, he did, and tho he had hair of red and challenged stature, no pot of gold was to be found...

Was this Donnie guy above taking a little work on the side quiet like for builders generally?

Comment

Anything's quite possible if it were made for the leprechaun troll.

Comment

Pretty sure Tim Wilson is on Facebook, someone should ask him directly.

Comment

I wonder how many they made? They're odd enough they should be easy to ID if one does pop up.

Comment

Pretty sure Wilson is a member of the JCF facebook page.
                          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Where's the JCF Facebook page? :O Can someone please link so I'll add it?

Comment

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Working...
                              X