No announcement yet.

thoughts on this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they would even agree to build a 24.75 scale neck through Dinky, I would already be in for $5400. And that doesnt include the neck through cost. I emailed them to see if they would build it. Now we wait.
    93 Rhodes EX Professional 931370
    95 JD-95 Dinky 951012

Comment

The Dinky is a bolt on. The Soloist is the neck thru version
      ...same sized/shaped body.

Though, a 24.75 scale Bolt on would be a Fusion.

$5400 would be MSRP, street price would be considerably less.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Dinky body and Soloist body are different. From the Custom Shop site .
        "Jackson designers responded circa 1986 by creating a bolt-on brother to the Soloist featuring a slightly smaller body that lightened and further streamlined an already sleek design. This new model was officially christened the Dinky"
        I agree on the Fusion spec with the 24.75 since my new Dinky is 25.25. Curious since my 95 Dinky is 24.75, which must make it a Fusion?
        93 Rhodes EX Professional 931370
        95 JD-95 Dinky 951012

Comment

I didn't realize there is a custom scale length offered for $400.

So, $3700 base Soloist+$1700 MB fee+$400 scale length=$5800 MSRP. Provided you stuck with base specs other than the scale.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I assume they were referring to the 22 fret Dinky which has a different shape than the 24 fret Dinky and Soloist.
            They are identical sized.
            I have one of each and they both fit identically in the same case that Jackson sells as a 'Dinky/Soloist' case.

And, there is no neck thru fee that I'm aware of.

Comment

If you check the '87 catalogue, which is the first to mention the Dinky, you'll see it has 22 frets and different shaped horns than the 24 fret models. It's called a Dinky Strat first.

The naming is messy on that model in the beginning as you can see by looking through the early catalogues.

Comment

What model do you have that is 24.75? Any pics?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeJackson View Post
                  Dinky body and Soloist body are different.
                  No, they are the same. A Dinky is just a bolt-on Soloist. Jackson's marketing guys (FMIC's) can't get their own history right. The Dinky body style pre-dates '86, was originally done under Charvel in the earlier 80s. 22 fret bolt-ons back then, the 24 fretters came later with Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                    Yeah, someone here ordered a custom shop Soloist like that - IIRC, black, short-scale, TOM, gold hardware.
                    I think there was a natural finish one too. Owner turned it over pretty quickly in the Classifieds IIRC. Cool guitar but in hand wasn't what he'd envisioned & didn't gel with it
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

I got an almost-exact one of these from GC used last year for about $800, with a chipped headstock tip. This is a VERY good price.

Comment

Working...
                      X