X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson SLSMG customshop 2005 or not?

Hey guys
    My first post here.
    I am looking for someone that knows a little bit of history about Jacksons custom shop
    A friend of mine used to live in US. While he was there he ordered a Jackson SLSMG from jackson customshop.
    He says that back then Jackson did have an online custom shop. This was as I understand it in the middle of the Fender takeover in 2002, but that they still had a custom shop in 2005/2006

He says he paid around 2300 USD for it.
    But here comes the problem. There are no custom shop tags, no labels, no serial , no nothing that indicates this. He is now gonna sell it, but its difficult to prove that it is a customshop
    So I have 3 questions
    1. Did Jackoson have a online custom shop in 2005?
    2. Are there anywhere on that guitar where there can be som labels proving it? The only thing I can see, it shows in the pics too, is a serial on the bottom of the neck 100165
    3. Would it be advisable to contact jackson about this?

This link is to a norwegian webiste where it is up for sales, that has some pics of it
    Sjelden mulighet til å skaffe seg en fantastisk rå metal shredder øks som oser kvalitet. Spillbarheten er å beskrive som magisk på en meget behagelig hals som er ufattelig lettspilt med lav action. Holder stemming helt sinnsykt bra og har sustain herfra til månen Kommer med original Jackson hardcase Tone knob er noe løs, men alt virker slik det skal SPECS: Jackson SLSMG superlightweight soloist EMG 81 bridge og 85 neck Titanium saddle Neck through True-body strenger Mahogny body superlight weight Ebony fretboard Alpine white farge Jackson's compound-radius fingerboard curves more dramatically at the nut for easy chording and flattens out as it approaches the neck joint for low-action bends without fretting out. With a more relaxed hand, you'll play better! Body: mahogany with carved top Neck: neck thru body mahogany with scarf joint headstock Neck dimensions: 3rd fret: .735", 12th fret: .810"T uning machines: sealed die-cast tuners Fingerboard: ebony Frets: 24 jumbo frets Bridge pickup: EMG 81 Neck pickup: EMG 85 Controls: master volume, master tone Bridge: JT390 adjustable titanium with strings-thru-body 3-position blade pickups switching: Position 1. Bridge pickup Position 2. Middle pickup Position 3. Neck pickup Year: Utifra serienummer og hjelp fra Jackson forum, så skal dette være en 2010 modell Bud: Fornuftige bud mottas Bytter: Kan være aktuelt å bytte i 7 strenger i samme prisklasse, eler delbytte i Ibanez RG1527, Japan telecaster, Korea strat, Ibanez Lawsuit les paul modeller, evt high end greco/tokai Sending: Norgespakke er inkludert i prisen Betaling: Finn betaling eller oppkrav (krever frakt på forhånd), evt vipps eller henting lokalt Alle spørsmål tas imot og besvares etter

Would love to have your take
    Thanks
    Last edited by evenfell; 04-13-2017, 02:49 PM.

That's a MIJ SLSMG.

Comment

Originally posted by DRM View Post
      That's a MIJ SLSMG.
      Really?How would you tell?
      He would have been major ripped of by Jackson then

Comment

Yeah, it's a 2010 SLSMG made in Japan.
        Jackson didn't rip anyone off. No one that knows anything about Jacksons would try to pass that off as a USA model...LEAST of all Jackson/Fender.

Is there a headstock pic?
        The Japanese market 'Stars' models had a custom program through the 2000's. If the headstock has a 'Stars' logo it could be a Japanese custom, but I'm doubtful.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

The SLSMG wasn't a USA model, and that's not a USA serial.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

No 'Stars' logo on the headstock, but you can see where the Made in Japan sticker was removed from the back of the headstock.

If you check the 2006-11 catalogues/pricelists you'll see the MIJ SLSMG.
            The guy is full of shit, or he was filled with shit by someone else, but it wasn't Jackson.

Crafted with the demands of the discernible player in mind, Jackson guitars give you the shapes, finishes and tones you love. From the venerable Rhoads, Soloist, Warrior and more, shop Jackson for the highest performance.

Comment

Thanks alot for the answers
              Updated the link with some close ups from the headstock now.

Comment

I saw the headstock after I looked closer, but it's still a Japanese model and serial.

Comment

Originally posted by evenfell View Post
                  Really?How would you tell?
                  He would have been major ripped of by Jackson then
                  Because its specs are identical to other MIJ SLSMGs and the serial number isn't a US guitar.

Comment

Here's a headstock shot of my 2008 Custom Shop SLS.

Yes, you can order CS guitars without the CS logo. Yes, you can even order them without the Made in USA.

But that's a production guitar.

Comment

Awesome info guys, thanks, I have no clue about Jackson guitars.
                      But based on what model it is, what is a fair price used for one of these?

Comment

They're a high quality import. Japanese Jacksons have the potential to be killer guitars.

From a North American viewpoint: used market conditions/price/US dollars etc...

I'd say $500 in fair shape to as high as $700 in great shape. A case should be expected for that price, but that's open to discussion.

They sold new here in the range of $900-1000 without case - $1000-1100 with case and were discontinued in 2011 when Japanese production stopped.

If you have the opportunity to try it out I'd seriously suggest you do. My 2011 Japanese Dinky does everything my USA Soloist does just as well. It's a fantastic guitar.

The USA has nicer binding, pearl inlays versus plastic and ebony versus rosewood, but it's built great, plays great, sounds great, feels great....

edit: Here's a used model for $699 Canadian at a pawn shop. Doesn't mention a case.
                        That'd be approximately 4,500 Norwegian Krone if my info is correct.

13,500 Krone is approximately $1570 USD or $2100 CAN. That would EASILY get you a used USA model in North America with hundreds of dollars left over.

The seller needs to understand that is not a USA made Jackson.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Mudlark; 04-13-2017, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X