Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rhoads Concorde with RR Serial Number... Legit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhoads Concorde with RR Serial Number... Legit?

I just picked this up and it has a RR27XX serial number instead of a LTD serial number. Not sure what this is and if it's legit as I thought all of the 92' LTDs had a LTD serial number and licensed Floyds and the later 25th Anniversary versions all had the V-Trems... Can anyone help me out with this one? Thanks in advance.

Looks good to me !..I think the LTD serial number was for the replica Rhoads that they did in 2010 that didn't have the floyd.

Comment

The 1992's did have LTD serials. But the double locking tremolo was a Schaller JT-590, not the Floyd Rose in your pics. RR27xx must be a later build, what year did you think it was?
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Yeah, I only remember those with V trems or Schallers. That may be a Custom Shop.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks to everyone that replied. Based on the serial number, I'm guessing this a 95' or 96' and just a Custom Shop. What had me confused was that I thought Jackson refused to make these after the LTD run? Are there other pinstripe Concorde Rhoads out there, outside of the known runs (and Wylde's of course)?

Comment

Now that I think about it, I remember there being a NAMM show version with real Floyd.

I also seem to recall seeing at least one other with a TOM bridge, and one with chrome hardware awhile ago; maybe they were on the same guitar.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

There's been at least one custom shop model through Drum City Guitarland, I know cause it sort of pissed me off (as an owner of one of the 92's) and gave me GAS all in one.

Maybe it's a 1.5 that's been re-finished?
              In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
                There's been at least one custom shop model through Drum City Guitarland, I know cause it sort of pissed me off (as an owner of one of the 92's) and gave me GAS all in one.

Maybe it's a 1.5 that's been re-finished?
                My best guess is that it's part of the DCGL run. The RR1.5 seems to have slightly better upper fret access, and this one matches the LTD run in terms of where the body meets the neck.

This one was $2700 from GC and I'll probably be returning it. If anyone wants to get it from them I can set it up with my local salesman. Paint is in good shape as are the wing tips and headstock tip. Some paint came off when they removed the back Floyd panel... I've had that on some other Jacksons, so I'm guessing not a refin...

Thanks again to everyone that commented.

Comment

I put in an order for a PCS original Rhoads (catalogs '93-'94) summer 1996 from a music store in Denmark. It arrived new in December with the serial RR2772!

I also saw RR2795 on Ebay which is identical years ago.

That would date your Jackson and yes they made them if they got the order for it. Not something they kept in stock forever since the LTD's or PCS's were produced.
                  What Is Paying For Your Passion For Being A Guitarist?

Comment

Originally posted by RR2772 View Post
                    I put in an order for a PCS original Rhoads (catalogs '93-'94) summer 1996 from a music store in Denmark. It arrived new in December with the serial RR2772!

I also saw RR2795 on Ebay which is identical years ago.

That would date your Jackson and yes they made them if they got the order for it. Not something they kept in stock forever since the LTD's or PCS's were produced.
                    This one is only 11 numbers away from yours! Mystery solved... Much obliged.

Comment

Glad I could be of help to you!
                      What Is Paying For Your Passion For Being A Guitarist?

Comment

Here is one of the 6 DCGL guitars. This is the only one made from mahogany. I worked with Jason and the custom shop to get this done. The TOM is what was able to make it happen.

It does have a RR serial #.

Thanks,

EJ

Comment

Working...
                        X