NFD (new frets day) 1992 USA Rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFD (new frets day) 1992 USA Rhoads

This is a delayed NGD for my 1992 USA Jackson Rhoads. I got it last fall, but haven't been able to play it much because of my nickel allergy. But a few weeks ago I got it back from the luthier with some shiny new SS frets and now I can't stop playing this thing. I think I've seen it posted on here before. It’s been sold and bought here in Denmark a couple times over the last 5 years. Don’t really know why, since it’s a great guitar. It had some damage to the headstock when I got it, that I had fixed and I also replaced the control plate (Thanks Frets On The Net) since the volume knob placement was getting on my nerves. I also replaced the pickup rings and truss rod cover with brushed black aluminium. The new frets are Jescar stainless steel 58x118 (6000) Xtra Jumbos and they feel great. The pickups were installed by the previous owner and are BKP Rebel Yell’s and fit the dark sound of this guitar perfectly + the burnt chrome covers look awesome. I don't know if the finish is a one-off or a small run, but I haven't seen it before. Has anyone seen a finish like this?

The colors accidentally got a bit boosted on this last shot, but just wanted to show the graphics without sunlight.
    Last edited by McBrain; 07-10-2017, 09:37 AM.

Wow I love it! I have not seen that graphic before. Is it a U serial?

Comment

Originally posted by Catharpin View Post
      Wow I love it! I have not seen that graphic before. Is it a U serial?
      Thanks! Yes, it's a U followed by five digits.

Comment

Very nice. I've seen similar graphics, but the burst of light at the neck pickup and the overall violet shade is different on this one.

That style of Lightning Sky is much less common than the typical LS.
        [IMG][/IMG]

I've seen orange, green, red and yellow bolts, but they're much less common and don't have the burst on the ones that I remember seeing..
        [IMG][/IMG]
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
          Very nice. I've seen similar graphics, but the burst of light at the neck pickup and the overall violet shade is different on this one.

That style of Lightning Sky is much less common than the typical LS.

I've seen orange, green, red and yellow bolts, but they're much less common and don't have the burst on the ones that I remember seeing..
          Thanks! I've seen tons of variations of the first one. The last one is new to me, but I like it a lot. Definately closer to the style on mine.
          Last edited by McBrain; 07-10-2017, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Congrats! Very cool lightning sky.

Comment

Awesome! I had seen a Soloist is a similar lightning sky in the early 2000s in my local Guitar Center.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That has to be the best lightning sky ever!
                http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

My God. I'm so jealous! That is an amazing guitar, exactly what I'm looking for. Those colors are awesome! (super rare too)

Comment

You need a lightning graphic area rug to go with the guitar and strap.

AMAZING lightning sky finish! I like how the bolt originates from the neck pickup, so that when the guitar is sitting on a stand, the graphic is oriented properly. Most lightning sky graphics need the guitar to be held horizontally to orient the graphic (clouds at the top).

Comment

Nice! I like the improvements..stainless steel frets kick ass! and the BKP Rebel Yell is a great all-around HB on the high-powered side, without getting into djent/metal or prog/metal specific pickups. That PU would definitely make a big difference over the sound of a Duncan JB or '59.
                      But I don't think an Alder Bodied RR is going to be 'dark' sounding on it's own, compared to other guitars.
                      The guy at frets on the net is a nice guy to do business with as well.

Comment

That's a badass graphic and The pickup covers work perfectly with it
                        -------------------------
                        Blank yo!

Comment

Awesome, rare finish, and those are some mean lookin' frets! I love SS frets, they definitely add some brightness in the upper register.
                          '95 Charvel San Dimas USA Model I Koa - BKP
                          '91 Charvel 650 Custom - EMG 85/SLV/SLV+SPC
                          '92 Jackson Soloist Pro MIJ
                          '91 Charvel 475 Exotic Cherry Sunburst - Duncan PATB set
                          '90 Charvel 475 XL
                          '10 Charvel San Dimas MIJ Style 1 2H - JB/'59
                          Mesa Boogie Quad Preamp/Stereo Simul-Class 2:90
                          Mesa Boogie MkIII+ Simul-Class & MkIVb with Mark Series stack
                          Marshall JVM410H

Comment

Usually not a fan of the lightning graphic but I that particular one along with the strap and the pickups to tie it all together, that's bad ass.

Comment

Awesome!
                              Congrats!
                              And the Knob, switch placement, perfect!
                              >^v^<

Comment

Working...
                              X