No announcement yet.

NFD (new frets day) 1992 USA Rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome guitar. Haven't seen that type of lightning graphic before. Love it.

Comment

I have the exact same lightning from 1991

Comment

Love the purple lightning graphic and pickup covers. Noice.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
          You need a lightning graphic area rug to go with the guitar and strap.
          I definitely need that! And also this suit

Comment

Originally posted by jeff9beck View Post
            Nice! I like the improvements..stainless steel frets kick ass! and the BKP Rebel Yell is a great all-around HB on the high-powered side, without getting into djent/metal or prog/metal specific pickups. That PU would definitely make a big difference over the sound of a Duncan JB or '59.
            The BKP RY's sounds amazing in this guitar. The cleans are great and they have enough power for most heavy stuff too. I plan on getting a set for another guitar soon. Really the best do-it-all pickups I've tried. I've had the Jazz/JB set in several guitars, but I much prefer the RY set. I still love the Jazz, but I don't think I will keep a JB in a guitar for long ever again.

Originally posted by jeff9beck View Post
            But I don't think an Alder Bodied RR is going to be 'dark' sounding on it's own, compared to other guitars.
            This was also a surprise to me. It's got a huge low-end and the wound strings lacked definition and string separation when I got the guitar. Unplugged it was by far the darkest guitar I've owned and I have played many Les Pauls that were brighter sounding. New frets and a brass block took care of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Shadow View Post
              Awesome, rare finish, and those are some mean lookin' frets! I love SS frets, they definitely add some brightness in the upper register.
              I've had 6100 sized frets on most of my guitars, but I decided on 6000 sized frets for the Rhoads since they have the width of the original frets (0.118"). I had to get used to how tall they are compared to the original frets, and my first thought when I got the guitar back from the luthier was that I should have just stuck with the 6100's that I was used to. But it actually didn't take long to make friends with the larger frets. It feels insanely fast to play on and string bending on tall SS frets is just amazing.

I also have two guitars with EVO frets, but this is my first one with SS frets. EVO frets are also great, but I didn't think the gold color would work with the Rhoads. The SS frets feel just like playing on slippery glass, in a very good way. EVO's just feel like very well polished nickel frets. Of the two, my luthier told me that he prefers to work with SS frets, since the EVO material is springy and therefore harder to shape to the fretboard radius.

Comment

Originally posted by KK666 View Post
                I have the exact same lightning from 1991
                Also on a Rhoads? I would love to see a picture of it.
                Last edited by McBrain; 07-16-2017, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                  You need a lightning graphic area rug to go with the guitar and strap.
                  Yep, and I would consider it mandatory to wear a proper headband and spandex or at least leather pants any time I played that on-stage.

Please, no flannel shirts.....
                  '95 Charvel San Dimas USA Model I Koa - BKP
                  '91 Charvel 650 Custom - EMG 85/SLV/SLV+SPC
                  '92 Jackson Soloist Pro MIJ
                  '91 Charvel 475 Exotic Cherry Sunburst - Duncan PATB set
                  '90 Charvel 475 XL
                  '10 Charvel San Dimas MIJ Style 1 2H - JB/'59
                  Mesa Boogie Quad Preamp/Stereo Simul-Class 2:90
                  Mesa Boogie MkIII+ Simul-Class & MkIVb with Mark Series stack
                  Marshall JVM410H

Comment

Wow, killer guitar in all regards. Insane paint job on that.
                    Looks like a flawless refret on her too. Your luthier knows
                    his shit!

Comment

Originally posted by lefty View Post
                      Wow, killer guitar in all regards. Insane paint job on that.
                      Looks like a flawless refret on her too. Your luthier knows
                      his shit!
                      Thanks! Yeah, that guy's a keeper. He also did a Gibson ES-339 for me with EVO frets that was also perfect. My old luthier f****ed up a fretjob with EVO's last year, so I had to find a new guy. I have to drive an hour to get to him, but it's totally worth it to know that your guitars are in good hands.

Comment

The Bareknuckle's look killer with that graphic, those are Bareknuckle Hum's correct?

Comment

Originally posted by ps43203 View Post
                          The Bareknuckle's look killer with that graphic, those are Bareknuckle Hum's correct?
                          Yup, BKP Rebel Yells.

Comment

Working...
                          X