1984 Student Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1984 Student Soloist

Sorry accidentally posted this to classifieds. Might show up there again soon. Just looking for advice on this guitar. Overpaid slightly on it but other than that cannot think of a real reason to keep it.

Trying to talk myself into parting with this one. Justified the purchase as it being the oldest serial # I could ever purchase myself. Plays great, but no fins +Kahler.

Reverb listing for reference: https://reverb.com/item/3328960-jackson

Any reason to hang onto this one long term? I have a couple of later Ontarios that I play a whole lot more.

In the long term SD guitars have not even held up to inflation. While it's a nice older Jackson, their collectability is more due to being early Jackson rather than having any appreciating investment value. Keep it if you dig it, sell it if you haven't bonded with it.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I'd keep it considering it's a pretty low number, unless someone wanted to give me what, or near, what I paid.

In a few decades it may be a treasure to a millionaire collector.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Those can be a tough sell, but your price isn't out of the question, for some buyers. Hang on to it, until you get an offer close to what you need.

Comment

Working...
        X