Tell me about Players Choice KVs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me about Players Choice KVs

Anyone here have one or play one? What were the necks like - a normal KV2? Were they only made in black? Do I have any chance of actually finding one? Thanks in advance!

Right now I own both PCS KV(which is not for sale lol) and KV2, the PCS neck is different comparing to KV2. I owned other PCS guitar in the past, Dinky made from flame maple, and its neck was really similar to PCS KV. PCS's neck and KV2's one has the same width, but PCS's is slimmer. Also, if you ever played MIJ STD or Pro Jacksons from early-90s, you may have an idea about the neck shape on PCS.
    '94 KV PCS
    '99 KV-2 Camo
    '01 KV-2 Black Ghost Flames
    '93 Grover Jackson Kelly Custom

Comment

Don't they have smaller inlays?

Comment

No, that was RR. Actually, these PCS KV was something like unofficial Dave Mustaine signature model. They have serial number which starts from "DM" letters, and Dave even owned few of them. That is just regular King V with 22 frets, JT590 bridge and poplar body.
        '94 KV PCS
        '99 KV-2 Camo
        '01 KV-2 Black Ghost Flames
        '93 Grover Jackson Kelly Custom

Comment

Here is the only picture I could find of mine. It's the one on the far left. I had it refined in silver sparkle. Great guitar. You can see from the other Mustaine models that the control layout is different too.

[IMG][/IMG]
          "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Originally posted by veemagic View Post
            Here is the only picture I could find of mine. It's the one on the far left. I had it refined in silver sparkle. Great guitar. You can see from the other Mustaine models that the control layout is different too.

[IMG][/IMG]
            That right there is my dream V collection! More than I could ever imagine. That cherry burst V with gold hardware is absolutely perfect. Looking for one!

Comment

Thanks for the info everyone. Sounds like there isn't much difference then other than the 22 fret neck? I was hoping maybe they had big necks too.

Comment

Originally posted by veemagic View Post

[IMG][/IMG]
                Oh.
                My.
                God.

Comment

ok everybody i am back ! . yes its me alz ready to help out ! ok now the real deal pcs dave muistaine players choice model ! king v were very limited ! there serial number is stamped on the 22nd fret , i owned dm 011 , there all black ,recessed floyd ,made in usa on the headstock ! there in the 93 catolog ! i belive brett c owns dm 013 ? , or i belive he did down in texas . They are extremly rare ! i also owned pcs 0002 the 1st ever 10 string pcs randy rhoads danny spitz model ever sold to the public . i sold it to a great friend " the guy from houston " as he is called in the book crazy train ! o yea on the dm model , they all have 22 fret and imho play great ! i would still own mine ! ,exept i scored my ole san dimas 1 hum " sparkly " emp project king v , thats imho insane ! stay well JCF , i am very glad to see you all , and i wish you all the best . keep rocking ! your bro always . alz / 2017

Comment

Fuck that 10 string would be worth a mint.
                    The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Working...
                    X